BSIE degreed pros from ABET universities ... Jobs...

Ani

• Members

Not very often do I see an announcement at the USPS that opens the doors to outsiders such as the one posted below. There are 200 positions that will be filled nationwide. I have seen the IE jobs listed on the internal books two separate times and I guess there have not been enough qualified applicants put in for the positions. The first time around, the jobs (at least 4 of them within our performance cluster) were posted with the requirement of a Masters Degree in IE. The second time around the jobs requirements were reduced to a BSIE, but I guess they are still seeking.

For internal employees, the pay scale for the jobs posted ranged from approximately $51,000.00 to $85,000.00 annually plus a very lucrative benefits package. I would imagine the same applies for qualified applicants outside of the USPS. Prior government service, either civilian or military, would count towards the higher pay scale and "time in service" would carry forward towards leave and retirement. For those not familiar with the benefits packages, with just the basics.... annual leave, paid sick leave, insurance coverage, and retirement contributions; the dollar amount can quickly add up to an additional $20,000 per year if it were set out and aside from hourly wages. If one is enrolled in and takes full advantage of FERS; the USPS will match contributions dollar for dollar up to 7% (double check that percentage, but it's somewhere around that cutoff) of your annual salary earned at the USPS. In the higher level management positions; I know that relocation expenses are paid for internal employees routinely, don't know about new hires... Also there is the potential for earning bonuses along with great opportunities for advancement as well.

Just thought I'd put this out here for those that might be interested.

http://www.usps.com/employment/_pdf/IEJobsPageInfomation.pdf

Keep in mind, you'll probably be working the afternoon shift if you apply. The jobs will almost certainly require travel. Also, you HAVE to be able to pass a drug screening test.

If anyone is interested in applying... it'd be cool to know who you are... Feel free to PM me.

Archived