X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Little Bit of Soul - The Music Explosion

and

I Can See Clearly Now (The Rain Is Gone) - Johny Nash
    www.alreadygone-live.com

Harmony Central Geezers Brigade Member # 167.

"It's better to wear out than rust out!"

Comment

• Mama mia, what a question!

I own the 3 volume rock and pop lexicon, circa 2572 pages which lists all top ten hits in the USA, UK and Germany since 1940:

"Hit-Lexikon des Rock und Pop"
      http://www.ullsteinbuchverlage.de/ullsteintb/buch.php?id=10346&page=suche&auswahl=a&pagenum=1&p age=buchaz&PHPSESSID=0cbfb157c25f253f6fae31a4be3aa 410

There other lexicon which list Australia , Africa, Asia etc.

Angelo, Du m
      Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

• I don't remember seeing Lean On Me by Bill Withers...or Drift Away by Dobie Gray. I think those are both good...

dB
        www.davidbryce.net

Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty...and the pig likes it.

Comment

• Loudon Wainwright III - Dead Skunk
          I know he's put out a lot of material, but this is his only song I ever heard on the radio.

Seems to me Tom Rush had a version of "Who Do You Love" out in the mid '60's that got a good bit of airplay.

Five Man Electrical Band - Signs

Wet Willie - Keep On Smilin'
          I did a Google search on the letter "e".......the whole internet froze up.

My MySpace page:
          http://www.myspace.com/fendercasterga

Comment

• There was a 1HW chart hit, circa 1979 or 80, of a record called "Twilight Zone/Twilight Tone" by The Manhattan Transfer.

Also hard to call this record a 1HW, because that band has long had a sterling career in jazz circles. (Watching this video, I'd forgotten how magnificent a singer Janis Siegel was... Dig the groovy guitar solo as well... Who IS that? Jeff Lorber?)

Also Manhattan Transfer had a bigger hit from that same album with, "Boy From New York City."
            Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

• I don't remember seeing Lean On Me by Bill Withers...or Drift Away by Dobie Gray. I think those are both good...

dB

Because Withers had other hits as well:

"Ain't No Sunshine"
              "Use Me"
              and in the early '80s with Grover Washington Jr. on "Just the Two of Us."
              Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

• What about, "Do The Bartman" by Bart Simpson (1990)?

Comment

• Mungo Jerry - In the Summertime

Argent - Hold Your Head Up

Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
                  I did a Google search on the letter "e".......the whole internet froze up.

My MySpace page:
                  http://www.myspace.com/fendercasterga

Comment

• I was going to post a wretched pop song from way back, called "A Little Bit of Soap". I entered it in amazon.com to see who'd done it, tried to listen to a clip, and my Mac said "You are trying to download a file hurl.exe. What would you like to do with this file" I kid you not!
                    Botch
                    Start by admitting, From cradle to tomb,
                    Isn't that long a stay.
                    Life is a cabaret, old chum, and I love a cabaret...

Comment

• I was going to post a wretched pop song from way back, called "A Little Bit of Soap". I entered it in amazon.com to see who'd done it, tried to listen to a clip, and my Mac said "You are trying to download a file hurl.exe. What would you like to do with this file" I kid you not!

LOL, Botch. I'm familiar with the 1961 version by Garnett Mimms.
                      Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

• To me, a 1hw is a song by an artist that you never hear from again. Many of these songs in this thread, the artist had significant subsequent success.

But it has been a very fun trip down memory lane. It makes me think of... people these days say "they" don't promote acts very long... on to the next big thing. As if it wasn't that way back when!
                        :::

Bill

Comment

• good - better than ezra
                          the breakup song - greg kihn band
                          possum kingdom - toadies
                          save yourself - stabbing Westward
                          http://www.crazydeliciousband.com/

Comment

• "Whatcha Gonna Do"--Chilliwack
                            "Feel The Way I Feel"--Max Webster

Golden Earring also had a minor hit with "Bullet Hits The Bone".

It might be arguable that Roxy Music's only hit was "Avalon".

Ambrosia, "Make A Wish" (?) They also did a cover of "Magical Mystery Tour" that made it to 45. Really good, too.

Bay City Rollers, "Saturday Night"

Dr. John, "Right Place, Wrong Time".

The Hollies, "Air That I Breathe"; that's all I can remember, correct me if I'm wrong.

The Jimmy Castor Bunch, "Bertha Butt Boogie"

Jim Stafford, "Spiders And Snakes"

C.W. McCall, "Convoy"

Did Janis Ian do anything more hit-like than "At Seventeen"?

Klaatu, "Calling Occupants"
                            I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

Originally Posted by coyote-1

A soul, waiting to go to God, wanted a turkey sandwich.

Comment

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

• This might be a two hit wonder.

Orleans - "Still The One" and "Dance With me".
                                MySpace
                                Blog

Blatant advertizing for one of my latest "one man band" productions.
                                http://www.gymusic.com/audio/ItFeelsLIkeHome_Mix1.mp3

“I believe that working with limited tracks in those days made us better arrangers. Having to do reductions made us better mixers. Having limited equipment made us better engineers.” - 2008 GY

Comment

Working...
                                X