Help for my Zen

Super 8

• Members

This is weird. I recently reformatted and reinstalled XP on my PC. I reinstalled the the software for my Zen. When I hook my Zen up, the computer recognizes it, and asks if I want to transfer files via winamp (which I doubt would work) or Windows Media (which works but I don't like), and that's it.

If I open up the Creative Media Organizer, it doesn't see my Zen.

If I click on my Nomad Explorer, it says; "Not Connected".

It used to be that I could access my Zen as an external drive from My Computer, now it doesn't see it.

I've tried reinstalling my drivers, but nothing changes. What I don't get is why the Windows Media player sees my Zen, but nothing else?

Any ideas?

• Members

OK, to be serious, this sort of issue can usually be solved by 'scrubbing the registry' - - a painful process, typically lasting 2 or 3 hours, wherein you remove all references to the item causing you pain, then reboot, then reinstall everything and hoping you can avoid selecting whatever options made it work in a way you didn't like.... Perhaps you should be thinking of kicking Bill Gates' ass instead...

• Members

another way is the delete the folder it's in - then use a registery scanner like RegisteryFix to eliminate all the disconnected registery entries. Then reinstall it. Should take around 10mins.

Good idea! Sounds like a winner!

Archived