No announcement yet.

See ya at AES?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See ya at AES?

There may have been a thread on this some time ago - If so i can't find it.

I'll be stalking the floor and attending a few of the master classes on Saturday for sure- perhaps a lttle time on Friday or Sunday as well.

If any foumites will be there it would be good to connect and say hi in person.

Cheers,
    Psst... Wanna check out some free tunes?
    http://www.broadjam.com/artists/home.php?artistID=3448

Strange that I don't see you in Rochester, might be run into you at the Javitz Center.

I'll probably be at AES Friday afternoon only.

Comment

You'll find me either a) wandering around aimlessly, b) assisting my exhibiting clients Groove Tubes and GC Pro at their respective booths, c)smoking cigarettes in front of Javits, or behind Javits, whatever's more convenient.
      Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

Strange that I don't see you in Rochester, might be run into you at the Javitz Center.

I'll probably be at AES Friday afternoon only.

Mark,

My plan is to drive down Friday early - in time to hear Emericks talk on Sgt Peppers @ 2;00 ( or perhaps the award ceremony @ 120 if I can).

Would be good to run into you.

Cheers,
        Psst... Wanna check out some free tunes?
        http://www.broadjam.com/artists/home.php?artistID=3448

Comment

I'm trying to get down there, however may end up being out of town. If I come through I'll post up...
          http://www.myspace.com/dahkter

Comment

Try and meet up with Dahkter if he comes through...the guy's totally cool. I say this not because other forumites are not cool or whatever, but because I think I'm the only forumite who's met him so far.
            Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

I'm not going to be going to NY this year, but I should be at winter NAMM, and then at the next US AES, in San Fran, next year, if all goes according to plan.

I hope you guys will give us show reports (hint hint).

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

All he needs to do is to say when and where.
                --
                "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
                Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

When the hell is the "free drinks on Mike Rivers" show? I can't seem to ever remember that happening. Hmmm.
                  Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all

Comment

Free drinks on me!! Just go up to any drinking fountain, say "Craig sent me," and hit the little lever...water will come out in abundance!

If any forumites see me walking around, come on up and say hi. Also, note that I've opened an AES discussion forum.
                    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

When the hell is the "free drinks on Mike Rivers" show? I can't seem to ever remember that happening. Hmmm.
                      I keep hearing about free sushi on Jeff, but I always seem to miss it (and you).

I get my free drinks in the press room, but you have to get there early and be satisfied with water or coffee.
                      --
                      "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
                      Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Weasel, aren't you responsible for stocking the open bar at the GT booth?

Comment

Try and meet up with Dahkter if he comes through...the guy's totally cool. I say this not because other forumites are not cool or whatever, but because I think I'm the only forumite who's met him so far.

Damn Ken,
                          Many thanks for the kind words, I'm just an average bloke who likes music, food and people, very happy to have stumbled across SSS and met good people in virtual (and in your case physical) form.
                          I am trying to come through, I have Friday and Monday off of work, so possibly early Friday I'll roll through...
                          If anyone needs help navigating NYC or food info, or whatever, PM me...
                          http://www.myspace.com/dahkter

Comment

I'll be there working with a few folks including Orange Hill Audio (Samplitude/Sequoia), and Paul Reed Smith's band at the Studer demo room.

It'll be great to see all of those attending!
                            Support Live Music!

Comment

I took advantage of the free pass (thanks HC!) and I will be there for Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X