Forget about Radiohead -- now THIS is a real cultural landmark...

blue2blue

• Members

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.: The Complete Collection

21945-9_198.jpg

41 DVDs... 105 episodes.

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=1001&langId=-1&productId=19001&sourcekey=Y81GSCHGGL

OK... admittedly, the first season is the only one that's pretty consistently good. The second season has some good moments, as I recall... and the rest get really bad, really fast... some serious shark-jumping occurred as the series ran into the last few seasons... schtick-humor vampires, flying saucers, and Bob Vaughn's famously flexible eyebrow cranked to the top of the TV screen as he smirked his way through to the end.

But -- still -- for those of us poised perilously on the lip of our second childhood... this could not be coming out at a better time.

;)

21946-9_90.gif

• Members

He was, like, the Russian Beatle.

You can bet he would be working against Putin today...

BTW... I stand second to no one-time-teenage U.N.C.L.E. fan... I actually owned not just the first David MacCallum album ("Music -- A Part of Me") but the second, as well ("Music -- A Bit More of Me")... albums on instrumental pop covers which featured an accent on double reeds -- since McCallum (note I'm not looking up the spelling, so I'm covering my bases, here) hadn't actually played since grade school, when he played oboe and English horn. The album was my formal introduction to Quincy Jones (whose name I at least recognized from being on my mom's Sinatra albums) and now-semi-legendary arranger H.B. Barnum.

Archived