Ableton Live and Cubase SX3

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ableton Live and Cubase SX3

Hey all;

I am going to be collaborating on a project with a composer who uses Ableton Live as his main program. I use Cubase SX3 and PTle, though most of the time it's Cubase.

Is there a format that project files can be saved in Cubase SX3 and opened in Ableton Live; and vice a versa?

I am in Metro Detroit and he is in Austin TX.

Thanks in advance.

Jotown
    "It's all good; except when it's Great."

www.jotown.com

Live doesn't support OMF so he probably will have to export .wav's one by one. Doesn't PTLE come with an LE version of Live?
    "If Obama wins a second term I will leave the forum". - Visconti

Comment

Live doesn't support OMF so he probably will have to export .wav's one by one. Doesn't PTLE come with an LE version of Live?
      I have an older version Digi 001 and it did not come with Ableton Live.

The .wav file option is what I was thinking.

Thanks.

www.jotown.com

Comment

Anybody else?

Craig?

www.jotown.com

Comment

Maybe you should try one of the new online collaboration websites like digitalmusician.net, eSession.com, Indaba Music or eJamming?

The latest issue of Electronic Musician has a rundown of the services.
          Oliver Chesler
          www.oliverchesler.com

Comment

Render every track as a WAV of AIF file, with each track starting at the beginning of the tune (even if that means rendering a bunch of silence). Not only is that the only foolproof way to transfer the tracks, you'll have a really bitchin' backup set as well

I'd advise making two versions, one having rendered tracks with plug-ins, the other with plug-ins bypassed in case the plug-ins are better added during the mixdown process.
            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Thanks all for your input.

Jotown

www.jotown.com

Comment

Working...
              X