No announcement yet.

Sound of "Beatles" show in Las Vegas

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound of "Beatles" show in Las Vegas

I just came back from my business trip to Vegas. I had a chance to go to Mirage and listen to this show - of course I was watching it but my goal was to listen. And that was amazing!

I've never heard anything so live, so surrounding and so natural in sound recording. Sir Martin and his son Jiles have created unbelievable sound. You kind of hear the source of the sound but still it is so natural, so close and well define like you

I just came back from my business trip to Vegas. I had a chance to go to Mirage and listen to this show - of course I was watching it but my goal was to listen. And that was amazing!

I've never heard anything so live, so surrounding and so natural in sound recording. Sir Martin and his son Jiles have created unbelievable sound. You kind of hear the source of the sound but still it is so natural, so close and well define like you
    Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

It's cool that Vegas has come of age.... When I was there in the mid-80's, it was still a crumbling, sunbleached vestige of the Rat Pack days...

You say that like it's a bad thing....
      Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

You say that like it's a bad thing....

Only everything was shabby and faded and dirty and falling down... and I didn't see Dino, Frank, Sammy, Elvis and Bobby Darin anywhere... ...and, to tell the truth, this was during a moment in popular culture when Vegas and the old Rat Pack sound and sensibility (e.g. the poker craze) were not in vogue.... as they would shortly be in the 90's with the new "facelift" of the tourist areas...

In fact, I was staying at the old MGM which was very shortly razed thereafter...
        Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Only everything was shabby and faded and dirty and falling down...

You say that like it's a bad thing...

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Is there an echo in here?
            RIP: Nite Owl Jazz

Comment

Oh, come on...not one person was gonna repeat, "Is there an echo in here?"

The stranger's setting you up, and all you have to do is knock 'em down...
              Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

• Working...
                X