Pulsar 2 Help needed

bobmeredith

• Members

I have a Pulsar 2 card with no disks, drivers, or documentation and I'm not sure whether to try and sell it or use it myself.

A brief history:

A very dear friend of mine passed away about 3 years ago. His widow was made an offer for his entire recording studio and because she was devastated

and penniless, agreed to the sale trusting that the Pastor of the church (another old friend) would make arrangements to pay her. The studio was packed up lock stock and barrel and taken to a church in another state, where the ARSEHATS RENEGED ON THE DEAL 6 months later. The gear has been sitting there ever since. About 12 months ago I arranged to have most of the gear brought up to me and I've been selling off items on her behalf ever since.

The studios computer was returned along with software which I finally had a chance to start sorting through. A lot of disks seem to be missing and when I fire it up I get a lot of error messages.

I really need to install the sound card from scratch and see if I can get it running before I sell or decide to keep it. I've seen the Pulsar system running in his studio but it seemed too complex and hard to set up for my home studio needs.

Could someone copy me the setup disks and drivers. I have a lot of files on the hard drives but honestly don't know if they are the right ones. The system is setup to run VST 5.1 on a Windows XP platform.

Without serial nos; downloaded bugfixes etc it all seems too difficult, but I would like to try and sell it to someone who has the time, knowledge, and the system to make it work.

What is SCOPE?

What are SOUNDFONTS

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Cheers

Bob

• Members

You need the hw serial number and the software keys. I hope there is a sticker on the card or you kept the paper box to see the serial number.

Something you could do, perhaps...If you can backup the SFP (or newer "Scope" or the oldest "Pulsar", it depends on how did he update it) installation folder on his computer, there is an App directory with other stuff inside where a file contains all the installed keys. Try to get that folder and put it on a safe place, there is precious info there....

Anyway, to get help and support go to Planet Z, the main forum for Scope users. If you get at least your HW serial you should also contact SonicCore support, but first have a visit to Planet Z .

I hope you solve the problem, because that's a great card and a great platform.

:)

• Members

Thanks for the reply Alpfonso.

The computer was returned with no software disks (win XP) no driver disks for the other hardware, no boxes, nothing.

There are a lot of files on the hard drive which I've been backing up over the last week.

It does include a SPF folder, a Pulsar 3 folder, and an upgrade folder. There is a hardware registration file, but I don't know if this is all I need.

There seems to be some serial numbers in the Pulsar 3 folder, as well as lots of setup files.

My friend had also ghosted various incarnations of his setup which I can slowly churn through on another hard drive.

There's just so much I don't know about this platform, I gather Lunar, scope, Pulsar, and Triple dat are software packages to run the Pulsar sound card???

Thanks for the links, I work 2 jobs and time is short, so any advice is gratefully recieved.

Ciao

Bob

• Members

It does include a SPF folder, a Pulsar 3 folder, and an upgrade folder. There is a hardware registration file, but I don't know if this is all I need.

.....................................................................................................

There's just so much I don't know about this platform, I gather Lunar, scope, Pulsar, and Triple dat are software packages to run the Pulsar sound card???

Thanks for the links, I work 2 jobs and time is short, so any advice is gratefully recieved.

Ciao

Bob

That's great news, those folders contain all the keys you need, backup them on a safe place.

In the Scope system all the plugins come with a key that allows them to run only in the card they are registered for, those keys are generated for your card only.

If you contact Sonic Core they can help you, I can too.

In the SFPAppBin directory ther must be a file called Scope.rgy

Backup it immediatly.

If you open it with a notepad you'll see all the keys installed. In each line, on the left there is a # followed by 9 letters/numbers that indicate the hw serial of the board, then you see the name of the plugin or package, some spaces, the registration date, the hour and then a long number which contains the software key.

Did you find it?

• Members

Once again thanks for your help.

I couldn't find scope.rgy but I did find a couple of files that contained this.

Hardware Registration

To the Online Shop

My profile

Change Password

Download

Registered Hardware

Activation Keys

Registration

Deutsche Version

Keyfile for SFP 3.1 Installation

allkeys.skf

Please store this file on your harddisk. You can import this file

during the installation process. So you don

• Members

I've re installed the original C: drive and found the rgy file.

The card has a hardware number on it as well as a serial no.

My next question: Is there a breakout box for this unit, none of the connectors look standard. Is it missing other hardware?

Thanks All

Bob

• Members

Once again thanks for your help.

I couldn't find scope.rgy but I did find a couple of files that contained this.

Hardware Registration

To the Online Shop

My profile

Change Password

Download

Registered Hardware

Activation Keys

Registration

Deutsche Version

Keyfile for SFP 3.1 Installation

allkeys.skf

Please store this file on your harddisk. You can import this file

during the installation process. So you don

• Members

The good news: It looks like I might have enough files and Keys to make it work.

The Bad news: I looked on the studio inventory list and found reference to a Creamware A-16 Ultra convertor. It now makes sense.

It was never returned/lost/stolen.

This is how a church treats a destitute widowed woman; it really pisses me off.

I'd say that the item is next to unsaleable now, I'm sure the convertor would have been an expensive part of the system.

I do have a convertor that belongs to a Fostex D2424 but that has to be sold with the entire Fostex system.

• Members

The good news: It looks like I might have enough files and Keys to make it work.

The Bad news: I looked on the studio inventory list and found reference to a Creamware A-16 Ultra convertor. It now makes sense.

It was never returned/lost/stolen.

This is how a church treats a destitute widowed woman; it really pisses me off.

I'd say that the item is next to unsaleable now, I'm sure the convertor would have been an expensive part of the system.

I do have a convertor that belongs to a Fostex D2424 but that has to be sold with the entire Fostex system.

The system is perfectly usable, the A-16 Ultra is very nice but a lot of Scope users don't need it. The P2 has its own converters that are very good, in its analog inputs, many could buy it as is, any converter with ADAT I/Os can work with it and the A-16 can be bought separately...

Now, if the Church has stolen the item that's another issue, talk with them before going to the police.... :)

• Members

The system is perfectly usable, the A-16 Ultra is very nice but a lot of Scope users don't need it. The P2 has its own converters that are very good, in its analog inputs, many could buy it as is, any converter with ADAT I/Os can work with it and the A-16 can be bought separately...

Now, if the Church has stolen the item that's another issue, talk with them before going to the police....

Thanks again mate,

Can I ask one more stupid question? I've had a look at the back of the card and can't see anything that resembles a normal analog in/out. Does it require a special cable that connects to a mixer or a breakout box.

Could this be a model with no onboard convertors?

I not familiar with anything ADAT, SPDIF etc, all my previous cards have been analog in/out. I feel such a goose; I normally have manuals and the time to read them but at the moment I need very basic info (and you've been really helpful,) to work out my next steps.

Bear with me

Ciao

Bob

• Members

Thanks again mate,

Can I ask one more stupid question? I've had a look at the back of the card and can't see anything that resembles a normal analog in/out. Does it require a special cable that connects to a mixer or a breakout box.

Could this be a model with no onboard convertors?

I not familiar with anything ADAT, SPDIF etc, all my previous cards have been analog in/out. I feel such a goose; I normally have manuals and the time to read them but at the moment I need very basic info (and you've been really helpful,) to work out my next steps.

Bear with me

Ciao

Bob

All the cards have on board converters. The P2 has 2 ins and 2 outs in adat format then there is a connector which is made to attach a cable whip, provided with the card, with digital, analog and MIDI I/O's. Mmmm, I guess you didn't get the cable either? Sonic Core could sell you another one for sure, but maybe it's somewhere in a box....anyway it would be important to know if this card came with AES/EBU digital and Balanced Analog or with SPDIF digital and Unbalanced analog. The cable is different but also the onboard circuits. Those cards are now called Scope Project.

Now just goo to Sonic Core site, have a look and read a bit about the product, seeing the cable whip with your eyes can help you to recognize it if it is there. Then contact them with your card's data and they will tell you what to do and what you need and how to get it.

This is what you have to do now, contact them and come to PlanetZ forums. :)

• Members

All the cards have on board converters. The P2 has 2 ins and 2 outs in adat format then there is a connector which is made to attach a cable whip, provided with the card, with digital, analog and MIDI I/O's. Mmmm, I guess you didn't get the cable either? Sonic Core could sell you another one for sure, but maybe it's somewhere in a box....anyway it would be important to know if this card came with AES/EBU digital and Balanced Analog or with SPDIF digital and Unbalanced analog. The cable is different but also the onboard circuits. Those cards are now called Scope Project.

Now just goo to Sonic Core site, have a look and read a bit about the product, seeing the cable whip with your eyes can help you to recognize it if it is there. Then contact them with your card's data and they will tell you what to do and what you need and how to get it.

This is what you have to do now, contact them and come to PlanetZ forums.

Thanks again Alfonso, you're a lifesaver,

and your correct: I didn't get anything but the computer back. No cables, discs, nothing. I'll take your advice and read the posts on planetz and the manuals before I ask anything else. When I know what I'm talking about I'll contact Sonic Core.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Ciao

Bob

Archived