CD stuck in my Mac

Phil O'Keefe

Any suggestions? It won't eject. :(

BTW, it's a Ti Powerbook 500 MHz. I think it's a Superdrive, but it might be a combo drive. I put a CD-R into the drive to hear what the mix would sound like on REALLY cruddy speakers, and now it won't eject. It whirls and spins and acts like it's going to but then it stops, iTunes pops open again and asks me if I want to add it to my playlist. NO, I DO NOT WANT TO ADD IT, I WANT TO EJECT IT! :mad:

There is nothing strange about the CD-R. No label. It's from a freshly opened spool of 50 TDK's. Worked fine in my PC. Still plays fine on the Mac - I just can't get the dang thing out of the drive.

• Members

Turn it OFF

Then, while pressing the click at the touchpad, turn it ON. Leave it depressed until the CD ejects.

It might work.

It might be hold down the "option" key. I had this problem intermittently with a G4 tower, but I can't remember the solution.

• Members

I've noticed that after a lot of use my MacMini sometimes hangs disks and cannot eject them until I turn it off and let it cool a bit. When it gets hot is seems to get out of allignment to a point that the disk cannot come out.

• Members

I've noticed that after a lot of use my MacMini sometimes hangs disks and cannot eject them until I turn it off and let it cool a bit. When it gets hot is seems to get out of allignment to a point that the disk cannot come out.

My Mac CUBE suffers from the same problem :cry:

• Members

Does it have the paper clip hole to manually eject the disc?

I had to resort to this just this past week as i had a CD drive fail.

A tiny round hole sits just below the disc opening in the drive.

Push a striaghtened out paper clip into that hole and voila- the drive opens.

"That was easy"

• Members

My MacBook Pro does this, and I've tried all the above solutions to no avail.

2 things that have worked are -

Turn it upside down and try to eject it. Might need to try it a couple times.

And if that doesn't work...

use a credit card to try and catch underneath it and ease it out. Do this when it's trying to eject - the cd lifts, then pushes out. It's the pushing out part that's the problem cuz it doesn't lift in proper allignment sometimes.

good luck!

My MacBook Pro does this, and I've tried all the above solutions to no avail.

2 things that have worked are -

Turn it upside down and try to eject it. Might need to try it a couple times.

And if that doesn't work...

use a credit card to try and catch underneath it and ease it out. Do this when it's trying to eject - the cd lifts, then pushes out. It's the pushing out part that's the problem cuz it doesn't lift in proper allignment sometimes.

good luck!

DING! DING! DING! And we have a WINNER! :phil:

1. Turn Ti Powerbook upside down.

2. Hit and hold the F12 key.

3. Out pops the CD. :cool:

Thank you SO much for your help - thanks to all of you for your suggestions - I really appreciate it! :wave:

Archived