CD stuck in my Mac

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD stuck in my Mac

Any suggestions? It won't eject.

BTW, it's a Ti Powerbook 500 MHz. I think it's a Superdrive, but it might be a combo drive. I put a CD-R into the drive to hear what the mix would sound like on REALLY cruddy speakers, and now it won't eject. It whirls and spins and acts like it's going to but then it stops, iTunes pops open again and asks me if I want to add it to my playlist. NO, I DO NOT WANT TO ADD IT, I WANT TO EJECT IT!

There is nothing strange about the CD-R. No label. It's from a freshly opened spool of 50 TDK's. Worked fine in my PC. Still plays fine on the Mac - I just can't get the dang thing out of the drive.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Turn it OFF

Then, while pressing the click at the touchpad, turn it ON. Leave it depressed until the CD ejects.

It might work.
    www.guslozada.com

Comment

Turn it OFF

Then, while pressing the click at the touchpad, turn it ON. Leave it depressed until the CD ejects.

It might work.

Thanks Gus - I'll try that now. Back in a jiffy....

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Does it have the paper clip hole to manually eject the disc?
        RIP: Nite Owl Jazz

Comment

Turn it OFF

It might work.

It might be hold down the "option" key. I had this problem intermittently with a G4 tower, but I can't remember the solution.
          Music for your busy day.

All the info you need.

Be my friend?

Comment

If all else fails reboot and hold the cmd-opt-o-f keys. When the white open firmware screen comes up type eject cd and hit return.
            Hey- I may play slow, but I sure am imprecise!

Comment

I've noticed that after a lot of use my MacMini sometimes hangs disks and cannot eject them until I turn it off and let it cool a bit. When it gets hot is seems to get out of allignment to a point that the disk cannot come out.
              My friends have big houses and new cars. I own music equipment.

Comment

I've noticed that after a lot of use my MacMini sometimes hangs disks and cannot eject them until I turn it off and let it cool a bit. When it gets hot is seems to get out of allignment to a point that the disk cannot come out.

My Mac CUBE suffers from the same problem
                aka "The Guitar Geezer" at MP.com
                "DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND:
                IT IS REALITY THAT IS MALFUNCTIONING"
                Robert Anton Wilson 1932-2007

Comment

Does it have the paper clip hole to manually eject the disc?

I had to resort to this just this past week as i had a CD drive fail.
                  A tiny round hole sits just below the disc opening in the drive.
                  Push a striaghtened out paper clip into that hole and voila- the drive opens.

"That was easy"
                  Psst... Wanna check out some free tunes?
                  http://www.broadjam.com/artists/home.php?artistID=3448

Comment

Mac's don't usually have the little eject hole. At least, not the new Mac's. Not sure about older models.
                    My friends have big houses and new cars. I own music equipment.

Comment

Happens on one my my Macs - use good thin needle nose pliers or you might have a nice pair of tweezers handy. Reach in the slot, grab it and pull it out.
                      JB
                      "It's been a rough day. I got up this morning ... put a shirt on and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom."
                      - Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Even worse, Phil's machine is a powerbook, so it has no hole.

It must be sorted out as I mentioned. I had the same machine 4 years ago and that was the way I got CDs out of the tray when otherwise was not possible.
                        www.guslozada.com

Comment

If all else fails reboot and hold the cmd-opt-o-f keys. When the white open firmware screen comes up type eject cd and hit return.

Try this!! It requires no pliers, paperclips or other junk. It is right out of the manual. It works everytime.
                          Hey- I may play slow, but I sure am imprecise!

Comment

hold the cmd-opt-o-f keys

Command + Option + O + F? I'm not seeing a command key on this machine. Do you mean the "Apple" key?

- George Carlin

Comment

Even worse, Phil's machine is a powerbook, so it has no hole.

Correct - no paperclip hole, and no manual eject button.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                              X