ART MP preamp for vocal

LiveMusic

• Members

I am doing an important songwriter show tonight with band. Would it help at all to use this for vocal -- A.R.T. Tube MP preamp. It makes my guitar sound good, just curious if it's worth messing with for the vocal. (Tonight, hearing the vocal is especially important for this songwriter showcase.)

Otherwise, I would be going directly into a Behringer 1222 FX mixer.

• Members

Hey LIVE,

I've never heard it myself, but have a friend who bought one because a guy came to his studio with one and a nice mic. He liked it well enough to buy one for himself. He's gonna be here any minute to cut some GTRs, I'll ask further.

Hey Marty Stewart is on XM today doing a radio show highlighting Shreveport.

Can you tape it or listen to channel 2 ??? I might be able to do it for you if you want.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

He's already left the house and will be here any minute.

I'll get a chance, might not be today ???

Wait just a minute ... Ring .. Ring .. Ring ....

me: Hello

GTR man: Hey man what GTRs did you want me to bring???

me: All of em and throw in that Art Pre Amp

GTR man: Oh yea I'm bringing it

I'll let you know this afternoon what I think.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

The ART tube MP is a decent little pre. I've used them for live and recording. They aren't a Neve, but they work well. The best 'upgrade' for them is to replace the OEM 12AX7 with an E-H gold series tube. For about $17.00 you'll add a nice smoothness to the top end and enhance the lows a bit.

• Members

Hey Marty Stewart is on XM today doing a radio show highlighting Shreveport.

Can you tape it or listen to channel 2 ??? I might be able to do it for you if you want.

Russ

Nashville

Please do this if you can, I still do not have xm. I would really like to hear that. I have a song he NEEDS to hear, btw!

Archived