No announcement yet.

ART MP preamp for vocal

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ART MP preamp for vocal

I am doing an important songwriter show tonight with band. Would it help at all to use this for vocal -- A.R.T. Tube MP preamp. It makes my guitar sound good, just curious if it's worth messing with for the vocal. (Tonight, hearing the vocal is especially important for this songwriter showcase.)

Otherwise, I would be going directly into a Behringer 1222 FX mixer.
    :::

Bill

Hey LIVE,

I've never heard it myself, but have a friend who bought one because a guy came to his studio with one and a nice mic. He liked it well enough to buy one for himself. He's gonna be here any minute to cut some GTRs, I'll ask further.

Hey Marty Stewart is on XM today doing a radio show highlighting Shreveport.
    Can you tape it or listen to channel 2 ??? I might be able to do it for you if you want.

Russ
    Nashville
    "In Order To Predict The Future .... Create It"

Comment

why not bring it and try it, cant be worse than behringer preamps...

Comment

He's already left the house and will be here any minute.
        I'll get a chance, might not be today ???

Wait just a minute ... Ring .. Ring .. Ring ....
        me: Hello
        GTR man: Hey man what GTRs did you want me to bring???
        me: All of em and throw in that Art Pre Amp
        GTR man: Oh yea I'm bringing it

I'll let you know this afternoon what I think.

Russ
        Nashville

Comment

The ART tube MP is a decent little pre. I've used them for live and recording. They aren't a Neve, but they work well. The best 'upgrade' for them is to replace the OEM 12AX7 with an E-H gold series tube. For about $17.00 you'll add a nice smoothness to the top end and enhance the lows a bit.
          "Record companies and broadcasters ... have long since abdicated their cultural responsibility." - Donald Clarke

Comment

Hey Marty Stewart is on XM today doing a radio show highlighting Shreveport.
            Can you tape it or listen to channel 2 ??? I might be able to do it for you if you want.

Russ
            Nashville

Please do this if you can, I still do not have xm. I would really like to hear that. I have a song he NEEDS to hear, btw!
            :::

Bill

Comment

Hey LIVE,

Just left you a message, but before checking in here first.
              I'm hitting REC now

Don't break a string tonight, but knock em dead.

Russ
              Nashville

Comment

why not bring it and try it, cant be worse than behringer preamps...

My thoughts exactly. They're apparently decent little mic preamps for the money, so yeah, give it a whirl.
                Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Working...
                X