Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will YOUR iPod last? Check out the iPod Death Clock

The iPod Death Clock

"Do or do not -- there is no 'Try' " - Yoda

It wagers I have about 540 days left. Gee, that seems like too short a time. I've only had this one a year.
    Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Mine's supposed to have 50 days left! My 3-year old 20GB 4G still works fine, though it crapped out on me during a heat wave in early September (when it cooled down it was back to normal).
      Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

622 days 20 hours 21 minutes 1 second

we have alllll the tiiiiiiiiime in the woooorld...
        More tea, vicar?

Comment

I have an RCA (5gig) Lyra. It is barely hanging in after only a few months. The joystick is almost shot and I wait 5 minutes for it to sort the music for a RANDOM session.

Dan
          http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
          Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

Comment

so far the only audio player that's still running for me is a 9 year old rio

Comment

Crud, I have to enter my serial number? I had to practically use a microscope to read that when I registered it with Apple.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

mine is supposed to have 59 minutes left... it is 1 month old... wow!

Comment

Crud, I have to enter my serial number? I had to practically use a microscope to read that when I registered it with Apple.

Lemme guess Phil, you're trying to read it off the back of the iPod case, right?

I can save your eyes - Go to SETTINGS > ABOUT and it will display it in nice (relatively) large text right on the screen.

Scott

Comment

The Verdict

447 days 11 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds

Model: (2nd Generation) iPod Shuffle, 1 GB (Silver)
                    Manufactured: December, 2006

The Outlook

Not bad. You can expect at least another year of use. You may now breath a sigh of relief knowing that your little friend still has a long life ahead of it.
                    www.guslozada.com

Comment

47 days left on my 20GB (3rd generation) iPod. I'll bet I get at least 10X that.

Comment

Ever wonder if this is some sort of scam to get serial numbers?

Anyway, the screen my 20 Gig turns black when it warms up. My old Iomega Cliq player is twice the age and is holding up well. It's just big ... and heavy ... and the little discs only hold 40 meg.
                        My friends have big houses and new cars. I own music equipment.

Comment

Sorry, off-topic but....

Hey Gus,
                          Are you going for the Enter the Dragon look these days???

"Be water my friend."
                          Super 8

In memory of our fellow drummer and forum friend, Cheeseadiddle-Nov 2008

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
                          -- George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sorry, off-topic but....

Hey Gus,
                            Are you going for the Enter the Dragon look these days???

"Be water my friend."

Just.... do not get me angry, Sir...
                            www.guslozada.com

Comment

Lemme guess Phil, you're trying to read it off the back of the iPod case, right?

I can save your eyes - Go to SETTINGS > ABOUT and it will display it in nice (relatively) large text right on the screen.

Scott

Yup... that's what I was talking about.

Thanks for the tip Scott!

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
                              X