I'm going to NAMM in January...I THINK?

techristian

• Members

My usual sponsor sent me an email that I'm getting a BADGE for NAMM 2008 in Anaheim. However something different this time. They told me to "pick it up at the press box. " Pick up the badge at the press box?

Anyway, I'm going regardless. My wife got us a great room near Disneyland for 8 nights and my 2 adult daughters will also be with me. It will be the first time in 5 years that the entire family go on a trip together. My oldest is getting married next May.

Now I just need three more passes !!

So if you see me standing outside the convention center with a sign that says "Will work for passes" , you will know what happened.

Right now I'm not planning on leasing any car, but I know it may be necessary ,to meet a few of you. This will be my first time in California.

Dan

• Members

You should go back to your sponsor and get the other passes ahead of time.

They might not want to though..they're not cheap.

You have to have a picture ID to pick up your badge and the ID MUST match the name on the badge. You can't even pick up badges for other people. Everybody has to pick up their own ID.

The will do random spot checks of ID and badge as you enter, but that's usually only on Sunday afternoon.

Of all the indoor places to eat in the main hall, the best is the one down at the end where the arena is (the place where all the DJ booths are). Otherwise, it's all pizza and burgers for $10.

• Members

I dunno, Gus, I thought the pheasant glace last year was outstanding. Perhaps not as good as the escalope de veau viennoise, which is amazing, but pretty respectable nonetheless.

The chef's specialty really is the escalope de veau viennoise. That's where he really shines, although his Grilled Stuffed Truffled Pig

• Members

NAMM food sucks (inside of the expo).

If you happen to visit Digidesign / M-Audio's booth, ask for "the mexican" a.k.a. Gus Lozada. I'll be happy on meeting you.

FREE food at the Thursday night party usually tastes very good. They do have free food in Anaheim right?

Dan

• CMS Author
I dunno, Gus, I thought the pheasant glace last year was outstanding. Perhaps not as good as the escalope de veau viennoise, which is amazing, but pretty respectable nonetheless.

Those must have been at booths that I missed. All I got was a few hard candies.

• CMS Author
My usual sponsor sent me an email that I'm getting a BADGE for NAMM 2008 in Anaheim. However something different this time. They told me to "pick it up at the press box. " Pick up the badge at the press box?

If your sponsor is an "industry" publication, then he might be gettng you a Media badge. There isn't a press "box" but rather, a desk. All other badges are either mailed in advance or can be picked up at a desk all the way at the other end of the convention center. So when the time comes, make sure you know what kind of badge you're getting.

• Members

I may be the only mexican which does not eat "Vitamin T" which stands for: Tortas, Tacos, Tostadas and Tamales.

Outta curiosity, what's your favorite Mexican food?

I was gonna ask, "What's WRONG with you?!?" but I realize you're recovering from surgery. I'll go easy. :D

And one more thing...I eat those things all the time. I live in Los Angeles. I have black hair and black eyes. I even speak a tiny bit of Spanish. Do you think I could be considered an Honorary Mexican? Are there certificates for such things? I would hang it on the wall with pride.

... anyway, we're meeting at NAMM to enjoy those delicious Pizza and Burgers... and then, that gorgeus Namm dinner we have with all the guys
:thu:

Yup!!! :thu:

Archived