OT - I found a lost dog

LiveMusic

• Members

Except I don't think he's lost. I think someone dumped him. This is not uncommon in the area I live.

Last week, I noticed another dog on the highway near the river. He would chase my car as I went by but not like he was mad, like he was happy. After I realized this after it happened twice, I deduced someone had dumped him.

It stormed very bad last week on the day after I last saw him. After it quit, I went back to take some food and I never saw him again. I have no idea what happened. I didn't see a dead dog, anyway.

Today, I made it to the river (for my hike) and leaving, a dog was curled up in the grass and stood up when I drove by. I went on my merry way and it got to gnawing at me. Why was this dog there at the river landing? Nobody there. I went back and it was a Catahoula Cur dog. One eye different color from the other. An attractive hound.

The good news is that this dog is very sweet. I thought it might be a hunting dog, maybe even "beat down," skiddish toward strangers. Nope. This dog is a pet. Jumped up on me in affection.

It's possible someone lost this dog but doubtful. It happens so often. People are losers and they drop dogs off at spots such as this.

This type of thing ruins my day and week. I'll now agonize over this dog. What do I do? It's a good dog, I suppose I'll try to find a home. I think it would make a good pet.

I hate to see animals suffer. I'll be there at dawn with food. (No collar on the dog.)

• Members

You might try Catahoula Rescue.

I've dealt with them out here in California. It's a network thing. If the website doesn't help... let me know and I'll make some phone calls to hook you up with some one where you are. I've had two Catahoulas and they're great dogs.

GY

Wow! Who would think such a group exists! Maybe there is hope. The thing that bugs me is I want to get the dog because this is a major highway and if the dog goes there, watch out. Problem is, I have no place to keep a dog like this.

I am keeping my brother's golden retriever long-term but she is a house dog. I am not supposed to keep a dog loose in the yard like we did as kids. Not that I worry about the law. I worry about the dog getting run over in front of my house.

• Members

I've had a dog that I found after some mofo had dumped him when he was 6-7 months old, he was scared and hungry. One of the sweetest beings I've ever been friend of. I think that if you plan to have a dog, a rescued one will be the best thing that could happen to...both. :)

• Members

I found a very small puppy that had been abadoned many years ago. It was the middle of winter and I was on my motorcycle, so I brought her home in my jacket. I had her for 17 1/2 years, when I had to have her put to sleep, it was like having my child euthanized. I'm glad you're trying to look out for the dog's welfare and I hope it finds a good home.

• Members

Hush, why is Jack in the trunk of your car? He doesn't want to be left behind? Good looking dog.

I have been feeding the lost dog. She is a wonderful dog and obvious to me, someone's pet. I also see some other dog food there, someone else is feeding her. I put a sign up for someone to take her home and left my phone number if they do, so I'll know.

She loves to run. This breed is often used as a "cow dog."

• Members

Hush, why is Jack in the trunk of your car? He doesn't want to be left behind? Good looking dog.

Yeah we were packing up for vacation and he thought he was coming along. He's use to riding in the back of my pickup so thought that was the place for him to ride.

• Members

I've had a dog that I found after some mofo had dumped him when he was 6-7 months old, he was scared and hungry. One of the sweetest beings I've ever been friend of. I think that if you plan to have a dog, a rescued one will be the best thing that could happen to...both.
:)

My son rescued a tiny kitten that we ended up taking in. The little guy had just barely been weaned and was loaded with fleas. Took him to the vet and pulled him through the tough times and he's a great and very humble loving cat. Great entertainment too!!! He's a complete knucklehead that plays in the water and is afraid of the dark :p

Archived