Saw Ozzy Osbourne tonight, sad scene.

audioicon

• Members

I went to Best Buy tonight to buy a wireless modem, the store had a long line extending outside. There were cops/squad cars in front too. I thought they were doing an X-Box Promotion or some new gadget but when I approached the door and asked the guy working there, he told me "it's Ozzy Osbourne," he's promoting his new CD.

I went into the store and saw him a few feet away and he looked so frill and was being helped to balance. I don't know much about Ozzy but when I got back to work, I was told by my co-workers that it was the drugs/prescription pills.

Honestly I have nothing against this guy, but he just look sick and I felt bad for him. Hope his music does well.

AI/Patrick

• Members

I went to Best Buy tonight to buy a wireless modem, the store had a long line extending outside. There were cops/squad cars in front too. I thought they were doing an X-Box Promotion or some new gadget but when I approached the door and asked the guy working there, he told me "it's Ozzy Osbourne," he's promoting his new CD.AI/Patrick

What city was this? I'm just curious. Ozzy gave a concert in Fargo, ND on Monday night. A couple fellows from work here were on their way to Mpls to see a hocky game and stopped in Fargo on the way for a concert. I had to tease them a bit. They are both a couple young punks going to see the old Ozzy O. I haven't heard how it went yet.

• Members

What city was this? I'm just curious. Ozzy gave a concert in Fargo, ND on Monday night. A couple fellows from work here were on their way to Mpls to see a hocky game and stopped in Fargo on the way for a concert. I had to tease them a bit. They are both a couple young punks going to see the old Ozzy O. I haven't heard how it went yet.

This was in Coon Rapids, at the Best Buy Store.

AI

• Members

I went into the store and saw him a few feet away and he looked so frill and was being helped to balance. I don't know much about Ozzy but when I got back to work, I was told by my co-workers that it was the drugs/prescription pills.

Actually he has Parkin Syndrome which is similar to Parkinson's disease. He used to attribute his slurred speech to his drug use, but he later learned that it was due to Parkin Syndrome which I believe is genetic. He's on meds for it which he'll need for the rest of his life.

I'm told Ozzy seems pretty out of sorts until he hits the studio or the stage and he becomes a different person.

I was never a big fan of his back in the day -most of my friends were huge fans-, but I've developed a lot of respect for him over time. He's really overcome a lot to be where he is. It's quite incredible really. By all rights he should be dead several times over.

• Members

I spoke with my workmates this morning who went to see Ozzy Monday night. They were impressed. They said he was very active. I didn't ask for specifics on what that meant. Whoever is playing guitar with him seemed to impress these two as well. They did say that Ozzy had to take a long rest break in the middle, but overall, he did not dissappoint.

• Members

The thing I've noticed most about seeing Ozzy live over the years is that the songs are played lower and lower every time so he can handle the vocals. It's weird because you get used to hearing a classic song like "Crazy Train" the way it was originally recorded, yet when you're at the show, it's in such a different key that at first it's hard to figure out what song they're playing.:freak:

• Members

Yes, being dead for an eternity should prove to be far more entertaining.

The dead are in need of entertainment? Hmmm.

I personally wouldn't think so FWTW, but more relevant to the thread, maybe we should ask Ozzy what his thoughts are on these eternal matters. :D

• Members

The thing I've noticed most about seeing Ozzy live over the years is that the songs are played lower and lower every time so he can handle the vocals. It's weird because you get used to hearing a classic song like "Crazy Train" the way it was originally recorded, yet when you're at the show, it's in such a different key that at first it's hard to figure out what song they're playing.
:freak:

Or it could be that Zakk seems to have a mental problem where he perceives that every other note MUST be a pinch harmonic.

:mad:

Crazy Train should never have p.h. in the intro riff!!!! :cop:

Archived