What's the most romantic thing you ever did for your wife or special lady friend?

the stranger

• Members

:poke:

Me and the wife watched The Notebook. That's not the top of the list, but that guy can write a love story. If you haven't watched this with your woman, you better get to it.

Anyway, tell me the most romantic thing you ever did. I'm gonna print them out and either use them, or let her read them. Probably a little of both. Thanks! :wave:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:poke:

Me and the wife watched The Notebook. That's not the top of the list, but that guy can write a love story. If you haven't watched this with your woman, you better get to it.

Anyway, tell me the most romantic thing you ever did. I'm gonna print them out and either use them, or let her read them. Probably a little of both. Thanks!
:wave:

If it led to an extended night of wild sex then I'm in. :cool:

Otherwise, Im too busy with music to watch some chick flick.;)

• Members

Umm, I don't have a wife or a special lady friend.
:lol:

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

Let's see... I'm a pretty romantic kinda guy. I'd have to say that one of my most memorable evenings of romance was in summer 2006, when my ladyfriend and I were celebrating our one-year anniversary of having begun seeing each other.

We were in Seattle, and I took her out to Canlis, one of that city's finest restaurants (and, actually, one of the best in the country). The view over Lake Union was spectacular. The service was incredible. The food was beyond compare. In fact, the only downside was that after cocktails, a multi-course meal highlighted by an amazing steak, creme brul

• Moderators

I love to cook. And I like to make my wife happy...

So just recently I went to Party City and got 20 helium balloons. I tied them to the chairs of our dining room table. I had a nice Moet on ice and 2 dozen roses. All displayed in the dining room not to be missed when she walked in.

On the the stove were filet mignon in brandy sauce, wild rice and mushrooms, spinach salad with candied walnuts. And 3 cards with nothing printed in them but my mushy sentiments.

All for no particular occasion. Girls like that stuff...

• Members

After 20+ years of unhappy marriage all I can remember is that everything I did for her was immeidately shat upon, which led me (through a lengthy and painful learning process) to do less and less.

Oh, my ex-wife who I was with from 1989-2003 never appreciated anything I went out of my way to do for her in that regard. Thus, it's been a great experience being with someone who recognizes when I'm doing something specifically to make her happy.

It's a good feeling. I highly recommmend it.

• Members

Oh I dunno, a lot of people seem to be scared of romance.
;)

I was never scared of romance.

It was all that building a life together stuff that scared the holy bohannon out of me.

:D

[Oh... wait... the joke might just be on me. ;) Well... my cat loves me.]

• Members

Back in L.A., I once was dating a guy who was really into classic 60's Mustangs. His dream was to get a red '67 convertible... you know the kind. But he was too broke to get one at the time.

So for his birthday, I found a vintage car rental place that had a '67 Mustang convertible for rent! And it was pretty inexpensive too. Score! I told him I was going to pick him up and take him out for his birthday, but I didn't tell him what I had planned. I showed up at his house and when we walked out, he saw the Mustang and said what he usually said whenever he saw one: "Ooooh! Pretty!!!"

"Oh yeah!" I said. Walked over to it with him to check it out, and let him admire it for a few minutes.

And then his next question was, "Where's your truck?" I said, "Wouldn't you rather drive this?" And handed him the keys to the Mustang. It took him quite awhile before it registered. :lol: And then he completely freaked!

He also really dug seafood, so we got in the Mustang, put the top down and drove up the coast to Malibu, where I had reservations at an awesome seafood place. We ate crab legs till we were about to pop, then drove up the coast some more and watched the sunset, and did some old fashioned making out on the Malbu beach with the top down. He was soooo psyched, he couldn't believe it.

That was pretty cool. :)

• Members

On my birthday when I was 14 my mother took me to a jewelry store and bought me a gold ring with an oval rose zircon stone in it (my birthstone).

Thirty years later I took the ring to a jewelry store and had them take the stone from the ring and make a necklace for my wife.

In a sense I was giving her my past as well as my future...

• Members

Back in L.A., I once was dating a guy who was really into classic 60's Mustangs. His dream was to get a red '67 convertible... you know the kind.

So for his birthday, I found a vintage car rental place that had a '67 Mustang convertible for rent! And it was pretty inexpensive too. Score! I told him I was going to pick him up and take him out for his birthday, but I didn't tell him what I had planned. I showed up at his house and when we walked out, he saw the Mustang and said what he usually said whenever he saw one: "Ooooh! Pretty!!!"

"Oh yeah!" I said. Walked over to it with him to check it out, and let him admire it for a few minutes.

And then his next question was, "Where's your truck?" I said, "Wouldn't you rather drive this?" And handed him the keys to the Mustang. It took him quite awhile before it registered.
:lol:
And then he completely freaked!

He also really dug seafood, so we got in the Mustang, put the top down and drove up the coast to Malibu, where I had reservations at an awesome seafood place. We ate crab legs till we were about to pop, then drove up the coast some more and watched the sunset, and did some old fashioned making out on the Malbu beach with the top down. He was soooo psyched, he couldn't believe it.

That was pretty cool.
:)

But then he found out he wasn't going to get to keep it... :(

;)

• Members

How can you tell??? It's a cat!!!
:D

Mine tolerates me.

I have a baseline.

When she came to live with me she utterly and completely despised and feared me.

Now it's clear she adores me.

Pretty much the opposite arc from my human relationships.

• Members

My wife says what turns her on is me helping around the house like doing the dishes, making the beds, dusting the furniture, cleaning the windows, etc... Not what you wanted to hear, right? Me either.

I was hoping she would say being with another woman. :love:

Apparently not so. She says most woman fantasize about fireman so I`ll probably purchase some fireman gear!

Uh, what was the question...

Archived