No announcement yet.

RIP Porter Wagoner, too

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Porter Wagoner, too

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-me-wagoner29oct29,1,1117902.story?coll=la-entnews-music

Another great Country artist now gone.......
    I did a Google search on the letter "e".......the whole internet froze up.

My MySpace page:
    http://www.myspace.com/fendercasterga

Yep, two of three so far......Who's next?
    Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

All of 'em... eventually.

Here's to you, Porter!

Comment

Comment

Takin' my hat off to one of the greats.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

>Yep, two of three so far......Who's next?
            Three already: Porter Wagner, Joey Bishop, Robert Goulet
            "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."- George Orwell

My music: http://www.oranjproductions.com

The first website dedicated to the the baritone guitar: http://www.thebaritoneguitar.com

Comment

Dolly Parton, in her autobiography, did concede that Wagoner had discovered her, back in the mid-1960's.

However, her association with him on the show was not a happy one for her... She wrote:

"It's hard to sing when someone has his hand up your dress."
              Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

I worked with Porter Wagoner on 3 or 4 songs a few years ago and have a really funny story to share since you guy's brought it up.

I knew I was going to be working with him and was at a party the night before talking too another Engineer friend about my lucky good fortune. He shared a story with me about Porter that apparently the guy was pretty well hung !!!

I said, "man I'll only look him in the eye," as I do this gig.

Well to make a long story short, Porter came in to hear the mixes. While sitting on a stool with a ball cap on and a boyish twinkle in his eye at 77 yrs old listening to my work, he said to me, "man I LOve it, but if you push the last word or two of each line up a little ... women will hear that and say, "man if that guy can sing like that, he must be hung like a horse." I about fell over laughing soooooooooooooooo hard.

I'm going to his funeral tomorrow .... I'll keep you posted if anybody is interested.

Russ
                Nashville
                "In Order To Predict The Future .... Create It"

Comment

Great story.

Comment

Years ago, a friend told me a story about two supposedly well-hung singers. One was Faron Young. I think the other was Porter. Something about an argument and one of them or both of them whupping it out at a bar to prove his was bigger or something like that.
                    :::

Bill

Comment

Sad news. Gonna be a tough call on the suit.
                      linwood

Comment

I'm going to his funeral tomorrow .... I'll keep you posted if anybody is interested.

Sure, post a review - I dunno if I'm gonna be able to attend, though I kinda feel like I should since I played on a few of Porter's records.
                        Dave Martin
                        Nashville, TN
                        Java Jive Studio

Comment

Three already: Porter Wagner, Joey Bishop, Robert Goulet

Yep, forgot about the Rat Pack finalist.
                          Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

Hey Dave,

I'll meet you at the Big Rock at the far end of the parking lot, if you'd like to hook up.

Russ
                            Nashville
                            "In Order To Predict The Future .... Create It"

Comment

Years ago, a friend told me a story about two supposedly well-hung singers. One was Faron Young. I think the other was Porter. Something about an argument and one of them or both of them whupping it out at a bar to prove his was bigger or something like that.

I called the friend who originally told me this story years ago. Update...

The story was told to my friend by the wife of a famous country singer. She is dead now, as is the singer. In fact, she was married to two stars. Anyway...

It was not Faron Young. It was some movie star and Porter Wagoner. They were at a bar and somehow an argument ensued about size. The movie star whupped his member out on the table. Porter starts unraveling his and Porter's buddy said "Now, Porter... just enough to win!"
                              :::

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X