No announcement yet.

CLEAR CHANNEL WILL NOT PLAY NEW SPRINGSTEEN

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLEAR CHANNEL WILL NOT PLAY NEW SPRINGSTEEN

I'm so pissed off right now I don't know what to write. I 'm TELLING you this album has some GREAT songs and abvious singles on it. It's not wonder things are as bad as they are.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306164,00.html

It's not just Springsteen according to the article, it's seems to be anyone over 50 wether they have current successful CD's or not. Very odd strategy. I wonder if they can be sued over this concerning buisness practices.
    "If Obama wins a second term I will leave the forum". - Visconti

Comment

Well... it really shouldn't surprise anyone.

Clear Channel has its own agenda and it doesn't have much of anything to do with music but much to do with paid plays, copromotions, and, of course, keeping their airwaves free of any sort of music that might provoke thought that would be uncomfortable for Clear Channel's none-too subtle politics.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

CC ? What's that , Radio?? Whats that ????
        First kill the goose by refusing to feed it , then blame it for dying and not giving anymore gold eggs

Professionalism is an attitude and , not a possesion that you own forever once you have acheived something.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Comment

CC ? What's that , Radio?? Whats that ????

Exactly....let them fight for the the last scraps of yesterday's medium. That's what kills me about the RIAA and companies like Clear Channel....if they would just embrace the new technology, invest in it and see how their business would thrive.

Or, keep your Luddite attitude, sue people, promote and fight for an old school medium....and see how things work out. Good plan.
          Originally Posted by Rear Naked

you have a "before" pic of your ****************************???

SPAM:
          TC Flashback Delay

Good deals: Rfaranda, Goodisonrock, Cobrahead1030, Ricky Bobby, STEEL KAGE, tsunamijesus, Dark Slide, superflyinmonke, boltzthrower, itkindaworks, Shenaniganizer, Rhammer19, downer01, Caveman Riddle, RockStarBassist

HottKarl's Tunes on Soundcloud

Comment

It's not political, it's a business strategy. These guyus know that the future of music doesn't lie in the geriatric musician crowd.

I think it's a stupid strategy, but that's their prerogative.

By the way, if I read the article correctly, it's not just Clear Channel doing this. According to the article, no radio is playing the stuff, except independently owned ones. We have one here locally (KPND) which plays a very eclectic mix of new, old, rock, including blues, roots, folk, classic rock, and alt rock. But these stations are few and far between.
            http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Exactly....let them fight for the the last scraps of yesterday's medium. That's what kills me about the RIAA and companies like Clear Channel....if they would just embrace the new technology, invest in it and see how their business would thrive.

Or, keep your Luddite attitude, sue people, promote and fight for an old school medium....and see how things work out. Good plan.

I get your point, but how long do you think the 'new medium' will thrive once artists who made it through the 'old medium' pass on and none of the newer bands are making any money because everything they produce is being provided for free? In other words, it's one thing for Radiohead, Madonna, Paul McCartney, etc, who were made what they are by the tight control that used to exist in record companies to now thumb their noses at them. They can embrace the new media, because they're known entities. What about bands coming up now?

I don't have the answer, by the way, and so far, I haven't heard anyone who does.
              http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

This is what happens when you allow a large corporate entity to own as many stations as Clear Channel does. This is why the corporatization of radio, especially, by corporations beholden to certain political agendas, adds up to the end of free speach in America.

Springsteen has been very outspoken against the Bush administration and are a few songs on this CD that reflect his political view.

It is the same with music as it is with news; fewer voices, means fewer options, which equals homogenized corporate radio that sensors both news and music. It happened to the Dixie Chicks and now it is happening to Bruce.

Welcome to the 50's all over again.

When will people rise up and say
                "It's all good; except when it's Great."

www.jotown.com

Comment

Since they are a monopoly, maybe they might be breaking some legal rules here.
                  "If Obama wins a second term I will leave the forum". - Visconti

Comment

I get your point, but how long do you think the 'new medium' will thrive once artists who made it through the 'old medium' pass on and none of the newer bands are making any money because everything they produce is being provided for free? In other words, it's one thing for Radiohead, Madonna, Paul McCartney, etc, who were made what they are by the tight control that used to exist in record companies to now thumb their noses at them. They can embrace the new media, because they're known entities. What about bands coming up now?

I don't have the answer, by the way, and so far, I haven't heard anyone who does.

Me either, and I completely agree with you. Somebody has to step up and fill the void in terms of large scale promotion, that record labels and radio used to fill. I think it'll possibly be independent producers and promotional people. There are a lot of unemployed former label and radio execs now who actually do know something about music and that's why today's labels and radio stations have no use for them. Some of them are starting their own companies.
                    What The...?
                    http://www.what-the.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/whattherock
                    http://www.myspace.com/whattherock

Comment

It's not political, it's a business strategy. These guyus know that the future of music doesn't lie in the geriatric musician crowd.

The future of music lies in music that people want to listen to, whether it's from 10-year-olds or 100-year-olds. Isn't it ironic that one place this "over the hill, one foot in the grave" guy can get airplay is COLLEGE STATIONS run by people old enough to be his son or even grandson? I guess these wacky college kids haven't gotten the memo that it doesn't matter what the music sounds like, what matters is the age of the person making the music.

I would understand if Springsteen's album stiffed. But it hasn't. It's selling well across a wide range of buyers.

I hope someone DOES sue them. But not for age discrimation--for stupidity above and beyond the call of duty.
                      Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

The death of radio has harmed record sales more than illegal trading in my opinion. My cd and itunes purchase have probably quadrupled in the last year because I now get a video channel that actually plays new and interesting stuff. Things I would never have heard otherwise.
                        Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

Support your local (or not so local since many of them stream over the Internet) community, college, or independent radio station. Send them a little cash when they beg. Find a few that play what you like and tell them you like what they're playing.

Who needs Clear Channel, other than maybe when you're in your car?
                          --
                          "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
                          Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Clear Channel has sent an edict to its classic rock stations not to play tracks from "Magic." But it
                            What The...?
                            http://www.what-the.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/whattherock
                            http://www.myspace.com/whattherock

Comment

The Clear Channel monopoly is so evil, it makes Microsoft look like a mom & pop operation.
                              Elson TrinidadSinger, Songwriter, Keyboardist, BassistElson and the Soul BarkadaWeb: www.elsongs.comMySpace: www.myspace.com/elsongsFacebook: Facebook PageTwitter: twitter.com/elsongs

Comment

• Working...
                                X