Just looking for general ideas

Joseph Hanna

• Members

Hardware or software Joseph? What sort of features do you need?

Why not just use the sequencer on the Fantom?
:confused:

Doh!...Software..... there I go assuming you guys can read my mind. There's a reason I don't write copy.

Let me be more specific. I bought a Fantom for my little weekend retreat shack out in Topanga. I have considered just using the Fantom sequencer and that still is an option but I find the little screen a bit tedious and cumbersome at best.

I have an old G4 laptop that I'm willing to retire out there as well.

The idea here is just a simple scratch pad environment for cue ideas. My priorities are not feature deep and simple and quick are the key elements. The sketch ideas can always be transfered to the studios at work later.

If I'm on the porch listening to the coyotes yelp and drinkin a beer I DON'T want to have to "FIRE UP" a large rig just to capture a 5 minute idea.

Again the Fantom sequencer may be the best idea. It's just my eyes are not as good as they once were and a larger screen would help.

• Members

Yes indeed I've heard a lot about this software. I'd of course rather it be Mac cause I've dedicated an old lap top (G4) to the shack.

Doesn't mean I couldn't pickup a PC though. Still in all the easier and quicker and more straight forward the better.

That said I guess I'll just get a little M-Box and be done with it.

Archived