A good charity for heaing loss

LiveMusic

• Members

Does anyone know of any charity that has to do with loss of hearing that is reputable?

My mother is 82 and her hearing has been going downhill for years. It's really bad now. Other than that, she is THE picture of health. It's now getting to be very problematic. For instance, she cannot even understand a message left on her answering machine. I might have to get her to subscribe to the phone companies voicemail. It might be more legible since the audio comes directly through the handset; I don't know. Carrying on a conversation with her is difficult indeed and she OFTEN misinterprets what you say.

My brother is 59 and damn near deaf. His is much worse than hers. I think it's 70% loss in both ears.

My hearing had been going downhill for years, too. Mine is bad enough but it's not near as bad as theirs.

I have been wondering about a good charity to promote. Loss of hearing is a terrible thing! Especially those of us who love music!

As for reputable charities, if we were talking something such as heart disease, 90% of everybody would say American Heart Association. Not me. I do not revere the AHA; they are way too much in cahoots with big pharma. So, with hearing loss charities, I have no idea who to look to.

• Members

Coyote,

I can't hea well anymoe

Ya beat me to it !!!! Ha!! Ha!!

We LOve ya LIVE.

There must be something out there for relief. I know I've heard of really expensive cutting edge surgeries which have done miricles. Unfortunatly that route wouldn't probably be desired when your in your 80's. Maybe someone else has a few idea's.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

I'm not asking for advice on hearing loss, although that's fine. But I don't think anything can be done about it. It's genetic, plus, in the case of my older brother, he exposed himself to years of very loud machinery with no ear protection.

I posted wondering if anyone knows of a good charity. Because it would be a good thing to promote for the rest of my days.

Ya hea?

Archived