HELP...I just picked up an Adrennalinn II...

• Members

...that I plan to upgrade to the Adrennalinn III.

What can I expect? Is it a bitch to use? Difficult MIDI implementation? Gaps between program changes? Do the delays and reverb spill over? Do you find it difficult to use the sequenced filters live without using an external MIDI tempo clock (will the tap tempo be sufficient if your drummer isn't all over the place live)? :confused:

I've read the reviews and stuff but no one seems to address these questions in their reviews. I'm hoping to use it mostly for live and mainly for the effects and not just for recording (although I will also use it in the studio).

I figured I'd post here since Craig helped with the manual...maybe he has some insightful information I can use. :)

Anyone? :confused:

• Members

It's easier to use than a desktop Mono Evolver...:freak:

Seriously, it's obviously more of a chore than a POD or any multi-effect floorboard/pedal but that's only a problem if you need to tweak on stage.

Get the Soundtower editor and spend a few evenings with a computer. You'll have your signature sounds programmed in no time. Navigating the matrix isn't so bad but controlling the Adrenalinn via computer is just as immediate. I doubt you'd have any problem with using a midi controller or floorboard live.

I'd also consider mounting the Adrenalinn on a mic stand. If you learn the matrix well, some of the standard live tweaks aren't too hard to pull off.

I'd also group your presets by song or in set order since you have to scroll thru to get to them.

I don't notice any gaps between patches. I also own a Mesa Boogie Nomad, so I'm apparently not picky about that stuff.

Tap tempo is fine. Linn put some nice quality switches on the box. Smooth, not clicky.

• Members

It's easier to use than a desktop Mono Evolver...
:freak:

Seriously, it's obviously more of a chore than a POD or any multi-effect floorboard/pedal but that's only a problem if you need to tweak on stage.

Get the Soundtower editor and spend a few evenings with a computer. You'll have your signature sounds programmed in no time. Navigating the matrix isn't so bad but controlling the Adrenalinn via computer is just as immediate. I doubt you'd have any problem with using a midi controller or floorboard live.

I'd also consider mounting the Adrenalinn on a mic stand. If you learn the matrix well, some of the standard live tweaks aren't too hard to pull off.

I'd also group your presets by song or in set order since you have to scroll thru to get to them.

I don't notice any gaps between patches. I also own a Mesa Boogie Nomad, so I'm apparently not picky about that stuff.

Tap tempo is fine. Linn put some nice quality switches on the box. Smooth, not clicky.

Thanks a lot. :thu:

Anyone else? I figured there'd be more folks here with Adrenalinn II and III experience. :confused:

Archived