Is there a free "Publisher" like program?

LiveMusic

• Members

I need to produce a program for a show, need to use something like Publisher for making boxes, text effects, etc. I have bought two versions of Publisher but haven't used it in years. I guess mine for Win95 or Win98 wouldn't work with WinXP.

Anything free I could use?

• Members

I need to produce a program for a show, need to use something like Publisher for making boxes, text effects, etc. I have bought two versions of Publisher but haven't used it in years. I guess mine for Win95 or Win98 wouldn't work with WinXP.

Those Publisher versions should work with XP. I have an early version on a dual boot PC that I'll drag out once in a while to re-print something that's already complete and can't be changed to another format or imported into another program.

For free, you might see if "Scribus" will work with a Windows OS.

• Members

Do you have a recent version of Word? That program has been bloated up with most of those features. It's not a genuine page layout application, but for a one-off deal you can probably manufacture a passable result.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived