Stress Eraser

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Has anyone ever used one of these or heard of it? I just saw an ad for this. Seems to be some sort of simple biofeedback device that synchronizes your breathing and changes your breathing and focus. It's $300.

http://www.stresseraser.com/

From their website:

You may not realize it, but there's a biological reason why you feel this way, and it's called ergotropic tuning.

Ergotropic tuning is a biological process that changes the way the nerves in your body respond to stress. Ergotropic tuning causes your nerves to respond faster and more strongly to stress. In other words, it makes you feel stressed more easily, more quickly, more intensely.

The secret to stress-free living is found in reversing ergotropic tuning. From a biological perspective, there is no other way. And Helicor's Relaxing Nights Program puts you on the fast track to doing this

• Members

I'm not sure that I would write it off completely. Biofeedback has been used for years in clinical medical practice but the major shortcomings were the clumsy monitoring devices that went along with 1970s technology.

A finger sensor could be an OK way to test pulse, skin temp., pulse ox.

Which is not to say that it does actually do that. ;) Try to find a sales brochure that they would use to sell this to practitioners. Psychs, shrinks, LCSW, etc.

Wood has some geeky cred. The backgrounder plays up the IBM angle. The founder's company was acquired for 45m by an acquisition company. That acquisition company was acquired for 800+m by IBM.

• Members

I do yoga every morning, although I don't do meditation (and everyone says that I should, as I am sometimes a bit high-strung). And obviously, the yoga helps a great deal. It just captured my eye because I didn't really know that this sort of thing existed, let alone had so many accolades. I'm familiar with biofeedback, but this seems to do it efficiently and quickly. My red lights went up a bit when I saw that it was sold by Sharper Image, I think a lot of the stuff they sell is useless or semi-useless stuff for people who have disposable income.

• Members

Well... I think a lot of these gadgets work through the placebo effect. But, what the heck, if they work, that's good enough... Better than doing nothing.

BTW, my Toyota dealership has one of those Sharper Image massage chairs in their customer service lounge, and it is really awesome. Makes the time fly by.

• Moderators

i prefer xanax.

Xanax works every time and it's literally cheaper than dirt ($3/bottle of 30, comparable to A-Brand potting soil at Home Depot).

However, it comes with the terrible price of addiction if used routinely. :(

If taken for years, you may end up with dry eyes, ED, damaged corneas, GERD, and a host of other disorders.

Terry D.

Archived