I've never been a big LP Custom fan, but...

Tedster

• Members

That one in the Guitar Center banner ad up above, the "extreme black-red-yellow sunburst one"...

You need a slobbering, drooling smiley.

:slobber: :drool:

Yes, I'll take one and please add the robot tuning system. Will it be here by Christmas?

• Members

Yes, it is very nice.

What happened to your KU team? I was routing for them, but not for the 'Noles.

Nothing happened to my Mizzou team, they beat the KU Jayhawks, in the battle of Kansas City.

The college alumni community of Kansas City is predominantly divided between MU and KU grads. There are other schools, to be sure, but among football powers, it's mainly between the Tigers and the Jayhawks. Since I'm on the Missouri side of the line, I was rootin' for Mizzou...and they won. By a VERY narrow margin. If KU's kicker hadn't missed those two field goals, they would have had to go to OT..and judging by their fourth quarter momentum, they may have won.

I hear FSU used to play football back in the day. :mad:

• Members

I would grab a couple LPs that have been modded with each and try 'em out before you buy.

I have sort of a love/hate with the Seymours...particularly the bridge position. Sometimes it sounds warm and smooth, other times to me it feels a bit brittle.

On the other hand...I put the Seymour equivalent of a PAF in my Epi Dot, and I love that sumbitch.

• Members

I'm replacing my LP's pickups and am still deciding between Gibson BurstBuckers or Seymours... either Pearly Gates or Seth Lovers.

I've just never been able to get a real grip on SD pups. I don't know why. For some reason they just don't sound, well, smooth to my old ears. However, most of my experience with SD came with custom and custom custom pickups. I don't know, maybe it was the guitar they were mounted in (a couple Hamers) or maybe my mood at the time.

• Members

I've just never been able to get a real grip on SD pups. I don't know why.

And yet, I've heard some great-sounding LPs played by other people who use Duncans and they sound awesome. Still, the BurstBuckers are high on the list.

In case you're wondering, I bought this LP used and the previous owner had EMGs in it. No offense, but I'm not an active pickup type of guy... too much sizzle, not enough steak. So I ripped them out, and then decided to refinish the guitar before putting in new electronics, and then pulled off the rest of the hardware to do that, but haven't gotten around to it... so now I have a Les Paul-shaped object that hopefully one day will have a renaissance as an actual guitar. ;)

• Members

Nothing happened to my Mizzou team, they beat the KU Jayhawks, in the battle of Kansas City.

Since I'm on the Missouri side of the line, I was rootin' for Mizzou...and they won.

I rooted for the wrong team!!!! :cry:

I didn't know!!!!

I still like that guitar.

• Members

Probably not until the NEW wears off of that Martin
;)

And it seems that'll still be quite awhile! I practically kiss that thing every time it comes out of the case, which is every day.

Yeah, eventually I'll get the itch to play electric again, and the LP is sitting there, awaiting its refinishing patiently, next to a couple of functional but lesser guitars. I'll get around to it sometime. :)

Archived