looking for music inspired by Spy movies

Hard Truth

• Members

The Man from UNCLE, Our Man Flint, Ipcress File, I Spy, Get Smart, The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, Jimmy Smith's The Cat, Peter Gunn, Experiment in Terror, A Shot in the Dark, Pink Panther, Secret Agent Man, The Fakir (Cal Tjader), Charade, Arabesque theme (Mancini), Aquarium Scene/Chase (Arabesque soundtrack), Spillane (John Zorn), Mr. Lucky...

• Members

The theme of our New Years eve party is spys, especially 60s-type spys, since it is the end of '007. Any recommendations for music? I already have United Future Organization, Morricone, James Bond and the Prisoner soundtracks, and Sex Mob.

If you're interested in unreleased music, listen to this.

You're welcome to use it but please let anyone know it's by "The Advisors" and can be found on Soundclick.com

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=5581420&q=hi

Ed

• Members

Heh, a little OT, but my band has a song in which we refer to "E Spy" as one of the chords in it. It's just a standard first position E minor but with a chromatic walk from B to C# on the B string. It just says "Spy."

So...is there anything inherent in the music that makes it "Spy" or has it just become associated via...association?

I suppose tension and sophistication are traits that make "that sound" amenable to spy films. Of course, by now it's a full-on meme and style, just as Morricone to Old West myth.

• Members

One of my favourites from the 60's was Tony Hatch's theme from The Champions

about 2.50min in.

Trivia - immediately after in the gym scene you see Dave Prowse who was the body of Darth Vader.

Regards, Andrew

• Members

Barry Adamson: "Moss Side Story" mainly but also "As Above, So Below" and "The Negro Inside Me"

Moss Side Story is a soundtrack to a spy movie/thriller that never existed. Nice mix of found sound, covers of great stuff from the 50's and 60's (Man With The Golden Arm, March of the Marionettes - which was the Alfred Hitchcock Presents theme) and jazzed up techno that would have fit into the era quite nicely.

Archived