You Didn't Know? God *wants* Huckabee to win!

EccentRick

• Members
"Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?

Tell me, if you understand.

Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!

Who stretched a measuring line across it?

On what were its footings set,

or who laid its cornerstone-

while the morning stars sang together

and all the angels shouted for joy?"

Job 38

• Members

I certainly believe Oprah would have a better chance in the general election than Jackie would... I mean, if Jackie was a native-born US citizen, that is.

Maybe they could find some surrogates to run in their place... that way Oprah wouldn't have to neglect her empire for the presidency. I can't imagine a blind trust would be quite as canny at managing it...

But... imagine for a moment, if you will... an Oprah/Warren Buffet ticket...

• Members

What's funny about Huckabee is that for all his Jesus rigmarole, he was sanctioned multiple times for ethics violations while governor of Arkansas. I see guys like him and it makes me recall a great quote from William S. Burroughs: "If you're doing business with a religious son-of-a-bitch, get it in writing. His word isn't worth {censored}. Not with the good lord telling him how to {censored} you on the deal."

• Members

The
takeaway
from the Book of Job, it's always seemed to me, is that man should not pretend to understand the workings of the mind of God.

Yeah, I don't think too many have read that one.....it be'n old testiment and all.

I do get worried when people start calling themselves the 'chosen one'.

McCain's got Lieberman's backing, which I take as high praise, but I suppose counts for {censored}. He's the only one who could make me even consider voting Republican this election.

• Members

Yeah... I think I'm leaving my grand ol' party. I haven't voted for a Republican at the national level since June 2000.

The conservative commentator who regretted the GOP's "YouTube debate" because it presented the rank and file as a bunch of wild-eyed, xenophobic flat-earthers (he had some other choice descriptions) had a point -- but, unlike him, I don't think it was CNN's fault -- I think that's pretty representative of the core at this point.

• Members

You're probably right about the forum. I regret sullying Craig's forum with the vile topic of politics and politicians. :D

But I have to say, if you think our national politics and politicians are bad, I'm guessing you never sat on a condo or co-op board.

;)

• Members

Turning off the bulk of that so-called "news" is very simple. Today, one can sift through the world's offerings as desired and then watch, hear or read primarily only what one chooses or finds of true concern and still largely stay adequately informed. To totally disengage, however, is to welcome disaster and the tyranny of the worst of mankind, IMHO.

We
don't
have to take their cues or let them dictate. Those are nothing more than lazy choices that some (most?) of us make. We don't have to be complacent, conformist lemmings. They (the world's politicians) are the few; we (the world's people) are the many.

Very many are, yes. And, it's
our
duty to vigorously point out those who are and keep them constantly, uncomfortably exposed. We must speak out strongly, assert ourselves freely and wisely, and vote knowledgeably in order to keep them weeded out.

Yes, we are. A few relatively active, relatively vociferous tens of millions can easily keep the majority of the b******s in check. In the end, their political "power" consists only of what we
allow
them to have. Apathy and quiet disgust, no matter how understandable and which they and their minions attempt to continually foster, is simply not an option for supposedly free people(s) or the world.

(/rant) (/preach)

Yes, but it belongs in the political forum so those of us that need a break from these kangaroo election year antics can take a rest before we vomit. When I want to engage in political wrangling I

• Members

You mean to tell me that the people who create our laws are
people who have studied
law
???? Gosh, that is freaky.
:eek:

Yeah... I remember a time when you didn't even have to be a lawyer to be a judge in a court of law.

Those were certainly the good ol' days!

... When any political boss could appoint any old ward heeler he wanted to the bench!

Now that was democracy!

Archived