Yet another reason to shop at Mercenary Audio

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Mercenary Audio has got to be one of the best places to buy stuff. Not only do they have killer gear and know their audio, but they also have killer customer service.

I bought these wonderful mics - Avenson ST0-2s - from Mercenary. I don't know when I bought them. I just don't remember. Maybe a year ago? Maybe more? And so I didn't even know whether they were under warranty or not. At any rate, one of them started producing static. You could hear this hash no matter which mic cable I was using. So I contact Mercenary, mentioning that I wasn't sure when I bought it. Didn't matter to them. "Mail yours to Avenson, and we'll send you out another set." Bang. Simple. Done. Took all of two minutes by phone.

If only my internet provider or cable company could provide such quick, expedient service.

What else is cool about Mercenary is that they sell some cheap stuff, but it's GOOD cheap stuff. It's not garbage. RNPs, Avensons, other things...good quality stuff. So it's not that they're only selling expensive, high-end stuff.

Another thing is that I've actually seen Fletcher recommend stuff that he doesn't sell to others. Now, you can't get more honest than that. The guy has actually spent twenty minutes on the phone describing how he mics up a drum set and other things. Super helpful.

• Members

They sent me a T-shirt once just for pointing out a typo on one of their pages. Then I felt obligated to buy something, so I bought the only thing they had that I could afford: an RNC. But it was awfully nice of them to send me a shirt, and it was even the one I would have picked had I had a choice.

Archived