Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your own tubes

I just got this from a friend, I don't think it's been posted here before:

Here's how you make your own tubes
    My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins
    My Eclectic YouTube Channel

Simply beautiful.
    BOYCOTT MONSTER CABLE

Comment

That's nothing. I make my own CPUs in my computers. Really. But anyway, very interesting video.
      Dean Roddey
      Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems, LTD

Comment

That's nothing. I make my own CPUs in my computers. Really. But anyway, very interesting video.

Now you can made tubes for a tube based CPU

And the caps out of tin foil and wax paper! And the resistors out of pencil lead!

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins

Comment

On the one hand it's sort of reassuring to know that somewhere, there's probably going to be someone who will be able to make a vacuum tube when there aren't any manufactured anymore.

At the same time, it's sort of scary; kind of like that guy that made a working 1/8th scale replica of a Ferrari 333 from scratch.
          ]] message board @ www.chipmcdonald.com [[
          "big assed windbag" - Bruce Swedien
          "People are not only strange, but stranger than you can imagine" - Jim C. Morrison-Clarke

Comment

Anyone catch his callsign? Wonder what he'd charge for a VF14?
            MySpace
            Blog

Blatant advertizing for one of my latest "one man band" productions.
            http://www.gymusic.com/audio/ItFeelsLIkeHome_Mix1.mp3

“I believe that working with limited tracks in those days made us better arrangers. Having to do reductions made us better mixers. Having limited equipment made us better engineers.” - 2008 GY

Comment

Stunning video!

Comment

Anyone catch his callsign? Wonder what he'd charge for a VF14?

You mean the code part? All I heard was CQ CQ CQ DE. It cut off right before the call sign.

Comment

That really kind of pretty in a wierd way. The obvious care he's taking to create something for... why? Just because he wants to. Cool.

Comment

Wonder if he makes 6L6's? Boutique Power Tubes anyone?

Think of the possibilities you could make your own original tubes. How about EL6L6 or 34GT maybe a 12AS7 or an ECCY7. How about a 5881-1/2.
                    The biggest obstacle to your success is you.

Comment

Working...
                    X