Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

My friendly letter to Southwest Airlines

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is offensive for you to suggest 09 is being oversensitive about the situation.

This is quite possibly the oddest thing I've read on the internet, and that's quite a competitive award.

It's offensive for me to suggest someone is being oversensitive? Well, maybe it's offensive for you to suggest I'm being offensive!

Of course I'm kidding to make a point.

Offense is in the mind of the beholder. Anyone can choose to take offense or not at just about anything, especially something as mild as what happened here.

What's essential is that someone break the cycle. Just let it go, stop the process of offenses at yourself. Brush the chips off your shoulder and don't assume the worst about what another person meant. Just let it go! Obsessing over something harms you much more than the person who offended you.

Having said that, I'm going to practice what I preach. I've said my last piece on this subject, others can have the last words about this.

I really hope that I was articulate enough to get my simple message of tolerance across, which is this: all things in perspective, let the little things go and don't be so quick to assume someone who's offended you meant to. Just let them know they did in a polite, unassuming manner and you may be surprised how much you like the result.

Terry D.
    Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

LMFAO @ original poster... You were perturbed about such a dumbass "problem"? Get real.. If I was in your position i would have just laughed and be like, "uhhhh, ya?"

Comment

As a society, why can't we talk to each other any more?

Because everybody speaks a different language.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://cdbaby.com/cd/hartzell" target="_blank"><b>Music for your busy day.</b></a><br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.billhartzell.com" target="_blank">All the info you need.</a><br />
        <br />
        <a href="http://www.myspace.com/bhartzell" target="_blank">Be my friend?</a></div>

Comment

No sir, I'm simply offering a suggestion as to how he (and all of us) should behave.

As a society, why can't we talk to each other any more?

Terry D.

I am with you Terry.

I think that about sums it up. How and why did it come to this?

Why is it in a world that has become so small, do people seem farther and farther away, harder and harder to comunicate with?
          <div class="signaturecontainer">-token canadian<br />
          <br />
          Lest we forget: double-blind tests make audiophiles look twice as stupid. CRAIG V 2007<br />
          <br />
          Just for fun, what do you think would happen if you decided to take a nap in the fast lane of a freeway? agedhorse -2008<br />
          <br />
          Funny, I'll bet I have a good one sitting on my shelf. agedhorse -2008</div>

Comment

My name is Sxx Rxxx, and my Southwest number is xxxxxxxxx. As you can see if you check my flight history, I have flown Southwest exclusively when I have had the opportunity for years. I have always received exemplary service until tonight. In fact, I am so incensed that I am actually writing this on the flight.

One bad perception on your part and now you write a letter? Did you ever write a letter during the "... years. I have always received exemplary service"? I didn't think so.

Ever been on an Asian flight? A Muslim flight? An African flight? (Chicago to Orlando on Southwest qualifies you as some big traveller? ) I've travelled more than you, and they ALWAYS assume I don't know the local language, won't eat the food, have no understanding of other religions, and they always give me no choice but to adhere to their rules of custom and religion. Rarely have I been given any of the "sensitivity" that you feel you can demand.

I'd love to watch your reaction when you get on that Asian flight and they assume you speak Chinese. Will you be offended? Nope. You're just looking to be offended and you found it. And, since you only give white people one chance, I'll be on your sh!tlist forever.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">I am ...<br />
            Words with no voice<br />
            Vision with no eyes<br />
            Love with no heart<br />
            Perfect, if only I didn't exist</div>

Comment

Oh, don't worry Prog; as an equal opportunity ****************************, you're always on everyone's ****************list. Hey, wanna play "Owner of a Lonely Heart"?
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Comment

Oh, don't worry Prog; as an equal opportunity ****************************, you're always on everyone's ****************list. Hey, wanna play "Owner of a Lonely Heart"?
                Ah, a personal attack. It figures.

"We are the world ...., we are the children ..."
                Love with no heart<br />

Comment

I'm adding hominem, yes.
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="2"><i><font color="Green"><a href="http://www.zakclaxton.com/" target="_blank">Music, thoughts, stuff, and... I guess that's all</a></font></i></font></div>

Comment

... just for the record.

Bythe way, am I supposed to know who you are?
                    Love with no heart<br />

Comment

This, in turn, will make that flight attendant upset and perhaps more "racist" if in fact there was every any racism present in her initial act.

Net result: more PC BS for everyone to deal with and more irritated / frightened people.

That's pretty close to what I was saying at the beginning of this thread. People feel they have to walk on eggshells for fear of offending someone. Saying the wrong thing. Saying the right thing but having it perceived as the wrong thing -which, according to the last sensitivity video I watched, is the same as saying the wrong thing since perception means everything and intent means nothing.

What it comes down to is fear of a lawsuit, and that makes everyone paranoid. You got it right, Mr. Knobs.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Super 8 </b><br />
                      <br />
                      <font color="Blue">In memory of our fellow drummer and forum friend, Cheeseadiddle-Nov 2008</font><br />
                      <br />
                      <i>&quot;The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.&quot;<br />
                      -- George Bernard Shaw</i></div>

Comment

... just for the record.

Bythe way, am I supposed to know who you are?

I believe that Jeff thinks you are Prague over at MusicPlayer.com.

Best,

Geoff
                        Enthusiasm powers the world.

Comment

Estoy totalmente ofendido que ustedes no escribi
                          <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/GregYoungmanMusic" target="_blank">MySpace </a><br />
                          <a href="http://gymusic.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Blog</a><br />
                          <br />
                          Blatant advertizing for one of my latest &quot;one man band&quot; productions.<br />
                          <a href="http://www.gymusic.com/audio/ItFeelsLIkeHome_Mix1.mp3" target="_blank">http://www.gymusic.com/audio/ItFeelsLIkeHome_Mix1.mp3</a><br />
                          <br />
                          “I believe that working with limited tracks in those days made us better arrangers. Having to do reductions made us better mixers. Having limited equipment made us better engineers.” - 2008 GY</div>

Comment

Lo siento mucho!
                            There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

Estoy totalmente ofendido que ustedes no escribi
                              Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

Working...
                                X