Mills gets 48.6 mil from McCartney

bbach

• Members

http://http://omg.yahoo.com/mccartney-mills-head-back-to-court/news/7518

Wow, that's some expensive p###y. Maybe Paul should stick to protitutes. I think there are some Congressmen and Governors that could send him some referrals.

Why is that when you marry someone rich, and the marriage does not work, you get a whole bunch of the rich persons money?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sure it wouldn't be the case if there wasn't a kid involved... but still... effin ridiculous. They were only married a short time. No excuse for that.

...and watch, Paul will end up raising that kid by himself...she'll take the money and run.

• Members

McCartney didn't get a pre-nup, huge mistake by Paul.

+1... but... I would think if you're Paul McCartney, and especially if you've just recently lost your beloved wife of 25+ years, it's important to you to feel that you can trust someone and they aren't just in the relationship for the sake of his wallet. So I can see why he didn't want to have a pre-nup and just enter into the relationship trustingly... it's just too bad he did so with an undeserving person.

Now had SHE asked for a pre-nup, spelling out that she doesn't want his money if things don't work out and stipulating a reasonable amount for any kids involved, that would've been mega-cool. That's certainly what I would do if I were staring down the barrel of marrying a rich guy.

• Members

($70,000) a year for the couple's 4-year-old daughter, Beatrice. Mills said she was unhappy with that amount because it isn't enough for school tuition, private security, or first-class airfare.

Um, Earth to Ms. Mills?

I've seen this type of thing before, where fabulously rich people get divorced and talk about "preserving the lifestyle to which the child is accustomed", but let's get real here.

And what part of the $50 million won't be enough for the mother to contribute towards raising her own child? If she wasn't getting divorce money, would she hoard all of her income and expect the money needed to provide for the child to come from some other source?

She wanted five times that amount... and McCartney apparently offered $50 mil previously to settle, so a judgment of $48 mil has to be considered a favorable outcome from his perspective.... unless there's no clause in the judgment pertaining to prohibiting "tell all" type books, TV appearances, etc. Although her public image isn't particularly favorable at the moment, she could still cause further damage and pain to him unless that's specifically prohibited.

I feel a little sorry for the guy. He's a bit of the romantic - just listen to some of his songs - and I really think he was looking for someone to spend the rest of his days with. Losing Linda had to be hard on him; he really seemed to trust and love her, and was probably hoping for something similar with Heather Mills. Too bad it didn't work out for him. :(

Hey Paul, you always seem to do your best work when things are crappy - how about a nice rocker? :wave::D

• Members

I feel a little sorry for the guy. He's a bit of the romantic - just listen to some of his songs - and I really think he was looking for someone to spend the rest of his days with. Losing Linda had to be hard on him; he really seemed to trust and love her, and was probably hoping for something similar with Heather Mills. Too bad it didn't work out for him.
:(

Hey Paul, you always seem to do your best work when things are crappy - how about a nice rocker?
:wave::D

I agree Phil, but maybe finding a life partner to sit in the old front porch rocker with might involve someone closer to your own age. I would suspect any young chick is going to have her mind wandering elsewhere after a while.

Anyway, I'm sure it's nice for both of them to have it over and maybe life gets back to "normal" for their child, whatever that is.

• Members

Who cares....Look after yourself...Look at what's happening to your dollar people..We are headed into rough times. I would buy food, get out of the dollar and get into precious metals. These Rich Elites will not be helping us when the rough times come on. Sir Paul isn't even going to feel this.

• Members

What I heard of Memory Almost Full wasn't terrible. The single was weak, but some of the album tracks were...downright weird.

You know, we were listening to Ram the other day--IMO his best post-Beatles work--and my 11 year old son, who digs the album, said, "this album can be really annoying." I think he said during the part where Linda sings, "do you love me like you know you ought to, or is this the only thing you want me for?"

Move on, Sir Paul. Life is short. Roll a fatty, if you're still into that sort of things (and by all accounts...). Go do a concept album with Willie Nelson. Have Rubin produce it.

I have to believe that if Lennon had lived, the movement toward stripped down, barebones "up here on the precipice" albums by legends like Cash, Nelson, Dylan, etc., would have prevailed upon John andhe would have made Plastic Ono Deux, a naked, stripped wrenching blast that would have sent the grunge monkies hiding behnd their Marshall stacks. But that's just me. Doubel Fantasy and its volume II, while nice at times, are beset with the slick "studio cat" vibe that hampers all of John's solo work after Imagine.

Anyway, bye bye miss mills. Glad your stay in the Beatle story was so brief.

• Members

Who cares....Look after yourself...Look at what's happening to your dollar people..We are headed into rough times. I would buy food, get out of the dollar and get into precious metals.

If we're headed for REALLY rough times, forget precious metals..buy Jack Daniels and pot. You'll be able to trade it far more easily than gold if the s**t really hits the fan!

But despite being someone who has a profound faith in the ability of humans to act like total jackasses, I don't think we're heading for a massive depression along the lines of the 30s...the world is a different place. Economic hardship will take on an entirely different face. Not sure what it will be, but I suspect it might mean a lifestyle adjustment that actually gets embraced by people in the long run. In other words, we might be FORCED off the merry-go-round, and ultimately, the result might be a saner, less consumptive world.

For example, I've pretty much stopped doing seminars where I jet around from town to town. I can do videos for web sites that have a much lower impact on the environment. I don't make as much money from them, but I get to spend more time with my family, which is more than ample compensation. A lot of travel and a lot of energy consumption is simply unnecessary.

It will also get to the point where if gas becomes the main cost factor in transporting food from one place to another, locally grown food becomes competitive again. And it won't need as much preservatives, and will be healthier for you because it will be fresher, which means you'll be healthier, which brings down health costs...I may be ultra-Polyanna here, but it just may be that an economic downturn would have huge benefits in the long run as society geared up for a different, more intelligent lifestyle.

Or maybe we'll all be blowing each other's heads off fighting for a few scraps of food. But the choice is up to us, isn't it?

Ooops, back to Sir Paul. Sorry.

Archived