Explain your moniker

Mark L

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's 71 so bring cookies. My Dad's still an ass kicker though so watch out!!

My Mum's a similar age so maybe I can bring her along and they can talk about how great the 'old days' were :D

Bet my Dad can kick your Dad's ass! ;)

• Moderators

My Mum's a similar age so maybe I can bring her along and they can talk about how great the 'old days' were
:D

Bet my Dad can kick your Dad's ass!
;)

My Dad is a retired Army Colonel, he has only one leg left, and still... he's an ass kicker! He walks miles a day on a prosthetic. He looks Pit Bulls in the eye as he passes and you can hear them whimper and yelp. Don't let my girlie boy demeanor fool you!!! He kept all the testosterone for himself!!! You'll see on your "assignation".

• Members

My Dad is a retired Army Colonel, he has only one leg left, and still... he's an ass kicker! He walks miles a day on a prosthetic. He looks Pit Bulls in the eye as he passes and you can hear them whimper and yelp. Don't let my girlie boy demeanor fool you!!! He kept all the testosterone for himself!!! You'll see on your "assignation".

*Pretends to be scared*

Oooooo I'm so scared! :eek:;)

Tell you what, Lee. I'm still waiting for the hilariously-monikered Hulston Prickle to explain himself! :D

• Moderators

I used to work as a tour soundman. Without saying too much, the pay, though generous, was generally made in cash and without luxurious benefits such as sick leave, paid vacation, unemployment insurance, etc.

So let's just say that most tour soundmen of the day had aliases to *cough*simplify*cough the associated paperwork of getting paid, both for our bosses and for ourselves.

Mine was MrKnobs.

Terry D.

P.S. After all these years, I recently met another old "legendary" soundguy. I had put up an ancient followspot for sale, and "Sparky" showed up at my house to check it out (he bought it). "Sparky" and I sat around for a couple of hours on my back deck and discussed old times until all my beer was gone. :)

• Members

I used to work as a tour soundman. Without saying too much, the pay, though generous, was generally made in cash and without luxurious benefits such as sick leave, paid vacation, unemployment insurance, etc.

So let's just say that most tour soundmen of the day had aliases to *cough*simplify*cough the associated paperwork of getting paid, both for our bosses and for ourselves.

Mine was MrKnobs.

Terry D.

P.S. After all these years, I recently met another old "legendary" soundguy. I had put up an ancient followspot for sale, and "Sparky" showed up at my house to check it out (he bought it). "Sparky" and I sat around for a couple of hours on my back deck and discussed old times until all my beer was gone.
:)

Hello Mr TaxFiddle :wave:;)

• Members

I've always loved the lore of the infamous Siberian monk, unwashed at the lavish court of Nicholas and Alexandra.

1963, is, of course the year I made my stage debut.

My icon shows a photo, circa 1915 or so, of the brilliant German Expressionist (he was Austrian actually) painter, Egon Schiele. He painted a buncha nekkid pitchers.

• Members

Elson Trinidad?

That, sir, is one hell of a name!!
:cool:

O rly? How so? I've been told it won't fit on a marquee.

Actually over the years I've accepted and embraced my first name as being rather unique. That being said, I do use "Nelson" as my "Pizza Name" (you know, when you order a pizza and they ask you your name?) because everytime I tell them "Elson" they go, "Huh? Alfred?" :rolleyes: Though I actually do have a first cousin named "Nelson Trinidad."

• Members

My screen name splits to an Irish surname and then folds back into delightful wordplay. Or something.

I am an editor and producer on archival audio projects that are mostly spoken word.

Pat

The 'pope shoes' avatar made me giggle and still does for a whole bunch of reasons. I think I've kept it longer than any other avatar I've had.

• Members

I used to post as soapbox, because I had a few pet issues that I could run off at the mouth about.

Later on -- once I got to know people on the forums better -- I decided to post as myself. Now I mostly break out the old name for nostalgia or occasional soapbox moments.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I used to be midimonk short for MidiMonkey for my insane tweaking of midi controller data.Then went kinda nutso(found out I was bi-polar), took a long break from life to heal found Buddhism.Now it has a taken a special deeper meaning for me.Version 2 was skipped over..crashed and burned;{

Archived