Gibson TC merger

cgarlie

• Members

... but there's a difference. In the cases of Opcode, Oberheim, Steinberger, they were sold to Gibson. (So was Baldwin, and they are still around).

This was a merger, and Gibson & TC both will occupy an equal number of seats on the board of directors. This hasn't been the case in the prior examples that you referred to.

While Henry Juszkiewicz (Chairman & CEO of Gibson) remains Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Anders Fauerskov (from TC Group) has been named Chief Operations Officer (COO) per the press release:

Under the terms of the new acquisition, Anders Fauerskov will remain based in Europe, and serve as Chief Operating Officer of the new combined Gibson Guitar Corp.

I certainly won't pretend that I can predict the future, but I think it is important to note that this merger has been handled very differently from prior acquisitions.

One more important difference of note (IMO) is that TC Group have a ton of successful products and several successful brands - as opposed to some of the companies that Gibson acquired previously, where it seemed they were acquired for some underlying technology that Gibson hoped to turn into something bigger. I don't think that's the case here, there's far more money to be made maintaining and growing TC's current success.

I'm thinking there might be some worldwide distribution advantages too.

• Members

The way I see it is this: TC makes guitar processors, but no guitars. Gibson makes guitars, but no guitar processors. I see bundles, lots of distribution opportunities for TC, and Gibson finally gets a technology entity that can write great software.

• Members

Top Cat

The most effectual Top Cat

Who's intellectual close friends get to call him T.C.

Providing it's with dignity.

Ah, those were the days... What the hell happened to cartoons... Not to mention cartoon musical themes... :)

• Members

I'd never want to contradict Bryce. However, I heard that Henry was in Europe "Finalizing" the merger. That said, my source does work at Gibson. So, consider the source.

Henry may have had to throw some of his charm in the compensation bin to "Finalize" the deal.

• Members

I'm always happy to list the post Juskiewicz corporate purchases that haven't quite worked out as planned....but Standel? I thought that went back to CMI-pre Norlin late 60s...those big solid state stacks etc.

Archived