Is it wrong to eat a half pound of bacon before bed?

halljams

• Members

Mmmm....unattended bacon....

I guess if you're in the induction phase of Atkins (and doing some cardio stuff) then yeah, it's cool, but as a rule- wow- that's a lot of gunk to to putting into your body right before sleep!

Homer S. would complain that it's only one pound...

• Members

No....the three keys to good food.... bacon, cheese and frying. So, if you have one of the three....you're golden! (My fried, bacon wrapped cheese snacks hit the markets next week!!!)

• Members

that's a lot of gunk to to putting into your body right before sleep

I like the word "gunk" when it comes to food. I try to take every opportunity to put some gunk in my system, usually in the form of a greasy burger. Now that spring is here my grill will be very busy.

I don't know about the lb of bacon before bed though. That might be over the top even for me.

• Members

I eat bacon only rarely, but I do love that fatty, greasy, pig product.

The other morning, I was hungry, and started to reach for some typical morning fare... a banana, some yogurt, a bowl of Special K, whatever.

But then, my eyes focused on a large rasher of bacon and... 15 minutes later, I was eating a massive BLT with mayo and loving it.

Like anything, if you're doing it in moderation, it can't be that bad. If you're eating a half pound of bacon every night, I'll be glad to start working on your eulogy now. ;)

• Members

I remember how, in England, they divide bacon into two types; "streaky" (the fat-marbled strips like we eat here Stateside) and "back" (like what WE would call "Canadian bacon"... those round little steak-lets of pork, less marbled with obvious fat).

In England, "back" is seen as the more "desirable" cut, but I'll take "streaky" over "back" any day.

"Eggs, bacon, baked beans, sausage, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM..."

• Members

I used to work in a deli, and one of my jobs on the night shift was to smoke and slice back bacon. People use to buy it like crazy. I took some home one day and was NOT impressed. Give me the "Streaky" any day.

No one here in Canada says "Canadian Bacon" as far as i know.

But then i don't know much.

• Members

A half pound of bacon? Sounds like a recipe for slow suicide. Its a carcinogen and frying up it adds in glycation. As an added bonus this carcinogenic time bomb hangs out undigested in your colon for years and raises your LDL cholesteral while the salt works on your blood pressure. :freak:

I don't even eat fake bacon bits.

Steve

• Members

A half pound of bacon? Sounds like a recipe for slow suicide. Its a carcinogen and frying up it adds in glycation. As an added bonus this carcinogenic time bomb hangs out undigested in your colon for years and raises your LDL cholesteral while the salt works on your blood pressure.
:freak:

I don't even eat fake bacon bits.

Steve

Yes but are you happy?

Archived