Favorite dead actress/actor you are totally in love with...(this weeks theme)

halljams

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Audrey H, of course, I get. But is that the voluptuous and husky voiced Susanne Pleschette below AH's pic?

I'll go Ginger Rogers and Joan Blondell (weighting to personality and sass -- and cherry picking both women in the early-mid-30s) and Marlene Dietrich (weighting to just plain crazy beautiful and scary.)

• Members

Audrey Hepburn of course is an all time classic. Natalie Wood, in the day, was truely stunning as well.

These days, Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron (Charlize be thy name) both have really done it for me. And in a more down to earth way, Naomi Watts is really nice.

• Members

Don't get me started. I watch a lot of old movies. Louise Brooks, anyone? Myrna Loy? Veronica Lake?

Growing up, I only knew Barbara Stanwyck from "The Big Valley". She was not appealing. Years later I see Double Indemnity (in that terrible wig) and The Lady Eve. Boing.

Miriam Hopkins, though. Wow. Trouble in Paradise. Design for Living. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde ('31).

00325.jpg

• Members

I'm not one to care twit about Holly-weird, but Ms. Audry Hepburn is an actress I've always admired from afar. I thought her body of work was superb and she appeared to have kept things in perspective in an industry that at times embraces nihilism.

Ms. Hedy Lamarr, who by the way was the co-inventor of speed spectrum encoding - the bases for today's wireless communications. Actually, I've never seen her body of work until TCM recently profiled her this month. Someone mentioned they thought Ms. Rita Hayward was the most photogenic of all the actress mentioned. Ms. Lamarr was a stunning women. They did one of those 30 min profiles on TCM and a friend mentioned film directors had to the fight temptations of doing constant close-ups because the camera lens loved her profile.

Trina

• Members

yeah man,..especially in MONSTER,.. I love beerdrinking lesbians who kill for joy and have the same skinproblem as Lt.Castillio from Miami Vice.

Well... yeh, of course, who doesn't? Then again, her butt in the air in Cider House Rules wasn't bad either.

• Members

Audrey Hepburn of course is an all time classic. Natalie Wood, in the day, was truely stunning as well.

These days, Ashley Judd and Charlize Theron (Charlize be thy name) both have really done it for me. And in a more down to earth way, Naomi Watts is really nice.

Hey man, nice taste! I could eat both Ashley and Naomi in one bite, the other one....meh, maybe for desert if i felt a bit piggy.

• Members

yeah man,..especially in MONSTER,.. I love beerdrinking lesbians who kill for joy and have the same skinproblem as Lt.Castillio from Miami Vice.

"Rough drunken lesbians" is truly a timeless theme, i am surprised it's not used more.

• Members

My personal fav was Susan Hayward, very down-to-earth, sounds like she would have been fun to be with..Another fav was Veronica Lake...she was great in "I married a witch" (BTW Susan Hayward was in that also!!) and never took herself too seriously....she once made a comment like "If all of my acting talent were in my left eye, I'd be blind" or something like that. What a tragedy she died at 53.

Archived