What song is this? (Walking in the rain?)

• Members

I never can remember the name of this song. I keep thinking it was a 60s girl group like the Ronettes but they had a song with the words Walking In The Rain in there, might even be the title and it's NOT the song I'm thinking of. The verse goes like this (I do not know the song's key.)

melody...

D-GABCD--G^E-DCDEF#G-GG

That ^ sign means go up.

(last 2 notes an octave down from previous G)

Seems like it has 'walking in the rain' as a phrase but maybe not.

• Members

I believe you're referring to "Lovers Concerto," recorded by The Toys in 1965. The melody was "paraphrased" from Bach's Minuet in G, that you'll often hear when your little nieces and nephews gather around a piano at the holidays...

• Members

I believe you're referring to "Lovers Concerto," recorded by The Toys in 1965. The melody was "paraphrased" from Bach's Minuet in G, that you'll often hear when your little nieces and nephews gather around a piano at the holidays...

Hey funkman, you da man! Thanks!

Wow, the lead singer sounds a lot like Ronni Spector.

I always loved this song. I recall this song as having about as many modulations as any I'd ever heard.

This song was a smash hit but it might be even bigger if it had a better title.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xum-Dm7KPTk

• Members

I loved that song as a kid. Still do.

If you rememebr the 90's film MR. HOLLAND'S OPUS, starring Richard Dreyfuss, you'll recall he plays a high school music teacher in the 1960's, and to (hopefully) engender an understanding of music in his band kids, he plays them this record....

• Members

I go through something similar every time I try to remember the song -- get this -- "Remember (Walking in the Sand)." I can never seem to remember the exact title or which girl group sang it. (Missing neural connectors, no doubt. Ironically, enough, given the givens.)

Now, at this point, I always search on "remember" -- and the benighted search engine on Yahoo Music never returns it.

So then I usually try something like "walking in the sand" -- doesn't get it. "Walking on the sand." Nope. "Walkin' on the... " You get the idea.

This time, I just hit Google instead, nailed the precise title and the band name (Shangri-Las), which the bozos at Yahoo Music actually found on their own subscription servers. Wonders never cease.

Added bonus, I stumbled across the Dixie Cups who finally have an album on YM. It's only taken a half century. So to speak.

Archived