nLight - Windows Installation Customizer

jonmatifa

• Members

Check this out,

http://www.nliteos.com/index.html

I recently discovered this, I haven't used it yet, but I thought it would be of particular interest to this community. The idea is you can set up a customized windows install CD set to your own preferences, thus saving you from having to install windows, then uninstall all of the unessentials, and install all of your drivers, do all of your registry tweaks, etc. Its all prepackaged basically.

So anyway, I haven't used it yet, but it looks very cool and powerful, I'm sure some of you are already aware of this, but I wasn't :thu:

• Members

It's a great little tool. If you use RAID or AHCI SATA configurations under XP, you either have to have a floppy or one of the limited number of USB drives in order to get the drivers in during the install, and most machines don't have a floppy anymore. This tool makes it trivial to slipstream drivers into an XP install and then it creates an ISO ready to burn to a bootable CD.

• Members

I've been using nLite for years and it's a fantastic tool. I've praised it on this forum on several occasions, but for some reason most people don't take advantage of it. It's great for slip-streaming service packs, customizing user profiles, and especially for adding RAID drivers.

Archived