Need advice on USB audio i/f

• Members

Hi,

I totally fed up with the way my tc Konnekt 24D treats me. Fact is that I'm also fed up with the way tc support treats me too. Instead of giving me what I asked for (a way to deinstall the latset firmware and drivers so I can install an older and more reliable drivers) they tell me to buy and install a Firewire PCI card.

I want to explore the possibilities of getting a low latency USB audio i/f. I only need stereo in and stereo out. An instrument level inputs and good pres are a must. Must have good drivers.

Can anyone suggest anything reliable and good sounding?

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

I've had very good luck with E-Mu's 0404 USB interface, which has excellent mic pres. Ditto for the Line 6 TonePort series, which also have the ToneDirect monitoring thing for really low latency. I'd give E-Mu the edge for preamps, and Line 6 the edge for latency.

• Members

One other thing: I had to buy a separate USB card for my computer to have the audio work satisfactorily. With the motherboard's USB, which also has hard drives hooked up to it, the audio crackled during hard disk access. I suggest motherboard USB for peripherals, USB card dedicated to audio devices.

• Members

I've had very good luck with E-Mu's 0404 USB interface, which has excellent mic pres. Ditto for the Line 6 TonePort series, which also have the ToneDirect monitoring thing for really low latency. I'd give E-Mu the edge for preamps, and Line 6 the edge for latency.

I've been using the Line6 Toneport UX2 recently and it's great! Plus, the prices were recently cut on all of the Toneport interfaces, making them an even better deal :phil:. Like Craig, I also opted to use a dedicated USB PCI card for better performance.

Archived