Essential Substances For Understanding "Psychedelic" Albums!

• Members

Aurals

Lysergic acid diethylamide

LSD, LSD-25, a semisynthetic psychedelic drug of the ergoline family.

Amanita muscaria

commonly known as the fly agaric or fly Amanita, a poisonous and psychoactive basidiomycete fungus.

Psilocybin

also known as psilocybine, is a psychedelic indole of the tryptamine family, found in psilocybin mushrooms.

Mescaline (3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine)

is a psychedelic alkaloid of the phenethylamine class. It is mainly used as a recreational drug.

Lophophora williamsii

better known by its common name Peyote, a small, spineless cactus.

Dimethyltryptamine

also known as N,N-dimethyltryptamine, is a naturally occurring tryptamine and potent psychedelic drug, found not only in many plants, but also in trace amounts in the human body.

Daucus carota subsp. sativus

is a root vegetable, usually orange or white, or red-white blend in colour, with a crisp texture when fresh.

Amphetamine

commonly used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.

• Members

This thread explains so much.

About Angelo, anyhow... ;)

Side note: on amphetamine, driving the Lambo you keep hearing people in the back seat talking about you -- but you keep turning around and there is no back seat. You do that every 45 seconds but it would be more often if you weren't doing everything you can to keep yourself from looking...

• Members

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) looks like the freakiest:

Apparent Communication with Discarnate Entities Induced by Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)

Terrence McKenna Lecture on DMT Entities

Makes me wonder if life is really not what it seems, sort of like the Matrix.

Maybe the entities are the reality and we're the virtual simulation. DMT could be the means to see the truth.

• Members

This thread explains
so much.

About Angelo
, anyhow...
;)

Side note:
on amphetamine,
driving the Lambo you keep hearing people in the back seat talking
about
you -- but you keep turning around and
there is no back seat.
You do that every 45 seconds but it would be more often if you weren't doing everything you can to keep yourself from looking...

Okay BlauBlau,

I hear you! Here the visuals for folks living in LA with the only possibility to shop at 7-ELEVEN.

Homogenized Cow Milk Trip:

embolado_7-Eleven.jpg

• Members

My rough guess is that all of human history is coded somewhere in our genes or tissues... when we supposedly access higher dimensions or chat with wise aliens, I suspect we're merely reading the runes that have been etched into our tissues hologrammatically.

This may also be the origin of the alleged "Akashic Records".

• Members

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) looks like the freakiest:

Makes me wonder if life is really not what it seems, sort of like the Matrix.

Maybe the entities are the reality and we're the virtual simulation. DMT could be the means to see the truth.

That provoked me to catch up with McKenna after a long hiatus (I read some of his stuff in the 70s), in particular his Novelty Theory. Amusing stuff -- and, of course, some of his ideas are widely held in some ways [and I couldn't help but think about the Tower of Babel when reading about Novelty Theory... not surprising that Ray Kurzweill's writings came up in the discussion]... but you can really see the heavy hand of perhaps overenthusiastic psychedelic experimentation in the way he puts together ideas.

Not that I'd know anything about that, but I suspect the key to keeping your worldview somewhat grounded is to always recognize that a paradigm is just that -- the best guess about how things work at any given time. Reality may or may not be a mother{censored}er, as the philosopher suggested, but it is, in many ways large and small, still not entirely predictable.

Here's my best guess: reality is a stochastic process calculator.

Need to check the variables at any given temporal intersect? Just stick a hand in the timestream and grab a measurement.

There ya go.

It's 66

• Members

Here's my best guess: reality is a
stochastic process calculator.

Need to check the variables at any given temporal intersect? Just stick a hand in the timestream and grab a measurement.

Which is exactly what the I CHING does... and why I love it so. Baba Ram Dass said it is the most accurate divinatory system on the physical plane....

P.S. Booshy, we're all coming to Amsterdam to visit you, so we can all go to Kristiana and partake in illicit (yet licit) substances together.

Akn3sPnKB-o&feature=related

• Members

You sound like you may know that McKenna's Novelty Theory was heavily influenced by the I Ching. It was apparently McKenna's sense that patterns in human history repeat on macro and micro levels. He felt his theory was predictive of when peaks of what he called novelty would occur -- but not where.

• Members

I've never read any McKenna.... the guy seemed pretty far-out... even for ME, which is saying something.

I think I even had a couple of chances to go see him speak live in Berkeley, when he was still living...

What do you recommend is a great place to start reading his unique philosphies?

• Members

I'd add: lava lamps, black lights and flourescent posters to the list of things required to fully experience these records as intended.

I seem to recall that this is best done over several days at a friends house when their parents have gone away on vacation.

Food is optional.

• Members

I've never read any McKenna.... the guy seemed pretty far-out... even for ME, which is saying something.

I think I even had a couple of chances to go see him speak live in Berkeley, when he was still living...

What do you recommend is a great place to start reading his unique philosphies?

Oh... I'm no expert at all. In fact, until I followed a bunch of links through Wikipedia, he was kind of running together (in pschedelic colors, mind you) with Richard Alpert, Richard Metzner, and other, older McKenna pals.

BTW, back in the mid 70s, I found this book to be a provocative but helpful center point for some explorations into different approaches to consciousness, ontology, and mysticism: http://www.amazon.com/Maps-consciousness-alchemy-astrology-actualism/dp/B0006C49UO [in fact, I just ordered a used copy.]

• Members

P.S. Booshy, we're all coming to Amsterdam to visit you, so we can all go to Kristiana and partake in illicit (yet licit) substances together.

Now that'll be the day ;)

I hope you all don't misplace your gloves like Kendrix did after a few tokes from our local herb.

• Members

And people tell me I'M THE WEIRDO,........ man they should read this thread and check you guys out,....

I may give some workshops in the Zam Zam Room soon on how to become an eccentric, most immaculate hip aristocrat, quasi a course in mutation on becoming an Edith Sitwell.

"Vulgarity is, in reality, nothing but a modern, chic, pert descendant of the goddess Dullness".

Edith Sitwell

41AJp2BTvbcL__SS500_.jpg

• Members

Side note: If you're stupid enough to take amphetamines and drive a wickedly fast supercar, you're probably not here to read this since you died about the 2nd or 3rd time you turned around to obey your paranoia.

Side note:
on amphetamine,
driving the Lambo you keep hearing people in the back seat talking
about
you -- but you keep turning around and
there is no back seat.
You do that every 45 seconds but it would be more often if you weren't doing everything you can to keep yourself from looking...

• Members

... but you can really see the heavy hand of perhaps overenthusiastic psychedelic experimentation in the way he puts together ideas.

I'm a huge fan of Terence McKenna, but unlike most fans, it's not his far-out, super-psychedelic ramblings that most interest me. It's what he has to say about the evolution of human communication and society. The true benefit of psychedelics is not the visuals, it's the new perspective they allow one to look at life, and I think that perspective gave McKenna some wonderful ideas on our society. I have 3.2 days worth of MP3s of recorded seminars, lectures and such with Terence McKenna, and while a lot of it is repetition of the popular themes (psychedelics, smelves, novelty/Timewave), there are some really great things that come from him.

Archived