Got my Recoil Stabilizers...

My Primeacoustic Recoil Stabilizers arrived yesterday. There was apparently a bit of delay in the manufacturing of the larger sized units (RX12's) for my S3-A's, but they are shipping them now.

When I put them in, I did one side at a time and went back and forth between the two speakers for a while - one with the MoPads vs the one with the RS. Then I put the second one in and just listened - a lot. Actually, I didn't do much sleeping last night. :D

These things really do rock! :phil: As I noticed at the NAMM demo, the bottom end really tightens up, and I definitely hear that in my room. What I am noticing even more here than I did at NAMM is the increased detail and the better stereo field.

The larger Recoil Stabilizers are not cheap - about $400 for the pair - but IMO, this was money very well spent. HIGHLY recommended! :phil:

• Members

I'm still getting used to the sound improvement of my MoPads and cinder blocks compared to being on a stack of paperbacks... I'm not ready for the extra $350 yet! :eek:

Maybe when Uncle Sam rebates my ass. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So are we talking about a specific gastric density? I assume the difference is in the decoupling. Would any of you who own these consider comparing them to a 1-2" piece of rigid fiberglass or 3 common mouse pads per side?

A friend who's ears i respect and trust has these and says they are really something. I hope to go to his studio again soon to check them out. He is also using them with a pair of S3's. I will try to get him to test this but it is not likely he will. We all seem to want to endorse what we have purchased.

I am all for paying for an innovative product, but have read about similar treatments from those always suspicious home audiophile marketing dudes.

I am a very big believer in anything to make your mix position the best it can be.

My monitors NHT' super 1's are on a stand with sand and sheet lead inside them. I use a NHT subwoofer and have hi pass filters before the amp.These are certainly not the Crem de la Crem but they are everything my HR824's are but with slightly smoother top end. My experience tells me the room and everything about it is as important as the speakers.

Archived