Where do lost picks go?

• Members

I find 'em now and then on the street, on the beach in the sand. I remember years ago when I lived at home I'd put them on my amp in my bedroom and my brother would come in and put them in his pocket and then leave them at his friend's houses. Since moving out I haven't had that problem in years. I'm the kinda guy that never loses or breaks picks but I've seen other players go throught them like water the way some drummers go through a forest of sticks. What's up with that?

Steve

• Members

Someone in GJ said that they've been playing with the same pick for 20 years or something.

Anyway...

Those picks they give away at Sam Ash are amazing.

They are thinner but stiffer, so I get the sound I like from a thinner pick but its stiffer like a thicker one. And it has the grippy sortof surface.

yeah....

• Members

I've been using the same 20 or so Dunlop picks of various gauges for about 25 years... I keep losing and finding the same ones. So I developed this theory of a pick cycle, sort of like the water cycle.

The cycle starts when we buy the picks and then they evaporate into the atmosphere, a few at a time. Then they reconstitute and rain back down in different places

• Members

I did some remodeling a few years ago where you're moving entire rooms full of stuff so you can do floors, walls ceilings etc. I'll bet I found 100 picks or more. They were everywhere, in drawers, couches, under furniture, in books...

Archived