So...if I try to use my MusicMan112-65 with GarageBand

• Members

How will it sound?

If I stick a mic in the cone and turn it up to a nice warm growl, will it sound like {censored} or come off alright?

I really just can't find an answer to this question...looked in other helpful threads, but no one really addresses this issue as directly as I would like.

Whether I get ProTools, Cubase, or whatever, I will need a new computer...but if GarageBand will do the most of what I need, then so be it.

I just want to know if my beautiful amp sound will come through on the recording.

• Members

Um...

Mic->???->Computer=Profit!

You're missing some details here.

are you saying that I need to consider the audio device between the mic and the computer?

otherwise, I don't think your comment is very clear...

this has nothing to do with profit-----------in fact, all it has to do with is the recording quality of GarageBand.

I have heard it referred to as a 'sketch-pad', while I have also heard of it being used to record quality 'records.' My concern comes from a comment that said GB will not record loud amps well...What i want to know is how well it will record my not-so-loud-as-to-hurt-you but well-overdriven tube amp

• Members

GarageBand will be fine. It is a "sketch pad" because of limited editing/routing/processing capabilities, not because of inferior sound quality. I mean, I assume it does 96/24?? Even 44/16 will be fine

Your mic and converters/soundcard are more important than your program. So is your room!

IMO, It's really hard to capture to "tape" that guitar sound you hear in the room, but you gotta keep trying.

• Members

What i want to know is how well it will record my not-so-loud-as-to-hurt-you but well-overdriven tube amp

The specific tracking software has nothing to do with the recorded sound quality from Audacity to Pro Tools HD, and would not "know" the difference between a loud guitar, a quiet guitar, or a flute. Plugins on the other hand...

Archived