Flamenco Guitar Recording and Performing!! Help

Cyfrid

• Members

Hi! New here...

I recently buy a Presonus Inspire 1394 firewire interface in orden to make homemade recordings, basicaly, what I want is to record my own compositions and add then some Strings or percusion by synts (I got the dimension Pro from Cakewalk)...

Well basicaly, the idea is to record and work my compositions... I bought a AKG 535 EB to record (I know, it isn't the best mic to record, but I bought it because a friend from Spain, recomend me this mic, Vicente Amigo play with this and Gerardo N

• Members

Well... I wouldn't worry too much about plug ins. You'll be most likely to use (perhaps) some compression, perhaps a little EQ, and maybe some reverb. Of course, you won't be tracking with them, only using them during mixdown.

If you're recording flamenco, you'll want to give yourself plenty of headroom. Don't crowd the red line, by any means, since some of the finger percussion on the guitar can get brutal, with regard to transient peaks.

The nice thing is that people who listen to flamenco are mostly interested in the guitar and player. They don't want effects or production tricks. They want the sense that they're seeing a great player a few feet in front of them. A little reverb. Maybe a little touch up EQ. Possibly some compression to smooth things up just a little.

No reverse echo, cher-effect, or stutter-effects. ;)

On the pre-amp... I'll defer to people who know the current market better than I. The good thing is, there are a lot of good affordable mic preamps out there where, 15 years ago, there was hardly jack.

• Members

Hi!

Thanks for your answer, well Iam gonna wait for somebody to help me with that stuff about the preamp...

Now I got some clues with that...

What do you think are the best microphone to record a flamenco guitar?

Thanks for your time!

Atte

Felipe

Archived