Shine A Light: The Stones in IMAX

• Members

Just saw the new Rolling Stones IMAX film, "Shine a Light" directed by Scorsese. This was my first experience in IMAX... I`m addicted, loved it. However, this was probably not the best conditions to enjoy it. Jagger moves so much, the cameras could not keep up!

In addition to the actual concert which was from their 2007? performance at the Beacon Theatre in NYC, there was some great footage from the 60s and 70s. I saw the Stones back in `97 live at Giants Stadium, it was one of the best shows I`ve ever been to. We all know they`re great but any fans of them will appreciate the film, you`ll feel like you`re part of the band... well... sort of.

Just thought you might enjoy!

• Members

There was an IMAX Stones program I saw several years ago. For some reason I had been under the impression it would contain footage from different times and locations but it turned out that it was all from one of the 80's era tours.

I didn't think the IMAX was any good at all for a musical concert performance and vowed never to do it again.

• Members

I didn't think the IMAX was any good at all for a musical concert performance and vowed never to do it again.

Au contraire, I thought it was awesome! As is the Scorsese film. And not just because I'm a Stones fan - I think IMAX is a GREAT format for concert films in general, and it'd be cool if more people would do it. Would love to see a Floyd concert in IMAX... probably won't happen but I can dream. :D

• Members

I saw the Stones back in `97 live at Giants Stadium, it was one of the best shows I`ve ever been to. We all know they`re great but any fans of them will appreciate the film, you`ll feel like you`re part of the band... well... sort of.

Just thought you might enjoy!

I was at one of those shows too. Please tell me you weren't the guy standing behind me, clapping off-rhythm and singing reeeallly loudly off-key to every song... right in my EAR. :mad: Twas a great show, but that was the most memorable thing about it, unfortunately!

Archived