My day with the family in 7 pics.

boosh

• Members

This is where we spend our day : http://www.keukenhof.nl/

It's the most beautiful springgarden in the world and it's about 10 miles from where I live.

Although it's next door and even people from Asia come here just to see it,...I never went in until today,...

It's AMAZING!!!

Flowers taller than our son Skip who's 4 years old...

If you're really into flowers check the pics on their website,...

These are 7 of the 100 pics I made today.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

f7.jpg

• Members

In my heart I am a Nederlander.

Well... at least I'm sitting at a little table in a spot of sun next to my favorite coffee shop not far from the Zeedijk.

In my mind.

I'll have another espresso... and bring me one of those cookies, please... one of the big ones.

• Members

Looks awesome, thanks for sharing the pics.

The garden looks nice, good to see the family enjoying a day out in some nice weather, good stuff!

Yeah man it was great weather today. You see that last pic Dahk? I pass about 200 fields like that every day when I'm driving around for work....

I actually never looked at any other flowers than the onces I planted to smoke,....Today opened my eyes,...and smell. Gheez man these things smell good! And they look awesome man, so many varieties and colors. I must have seen 100 different kinds of flowers in about 50 different colors. And they had beer also,...and sun,...and my wife and my kid,....

Today was so different from usual...I'm still trippin',...................

That garden is huge by the way,....we walked around for 3 hours and never passed the same spot twice.

• Members

Today opened my eyes...

Yeah man,

It's wild. We had a botanical garden near us growing up called "Longwood Gardens" in NJ, when I was young, I had difficulty appreciating it, we went there a few times.

In my teens and twenties, I couldn't appreciate this type of thing either, it seemed boring to me. Later in life, these kind of things become more once you have someone to share it with (wife/kids/etc).

Now here in Brooklyn (actually this weekend), they do an event at the Botanical Gardens called the Cherry Blossom Festival, they have hundreds of beautiful floral trees + beer, food and music.

It's great on multiple levels, and to do these type of things with your family is really an enriching and fulfilling experience.

Good livin my brother, we're gettin older (and hopefully wiser too)! Amazing how when you're a young man you could have some of the most beautiful things in front of you and not give a {censored} at all LOL.

All the best,

Jay

• Members

WOW Booshy,

What kind of camera are you using???

With my Cannon I have a hard time with the REDs coming out right when shooting flowers, they just always seem so over exagerated. I do have a newer Cannon I haven't tried yet, maybe that'll help ???

B E A U T I F U L

Russ

Nashville

• Members

Nice. For whatever reason, I have one of those brains that finds extremely rich textures and colors immensely pleasurable. I could look at flowers for hours and hours, or fractals for that matter. Nothing specific about flowers, just the textures and colors that do it for me. Flowers are just particularly good at it.

• Members

Watch out Skipperooski, those Foxgloves are poisionous !!!

I know I have them in my yard ... they look like fancy salt water fish on the inside ... I LOve em.

My yard is full of flowers, birds, butterflies and Dragon Flies : -)

Russ,

Nashville

• Members

My grandfather came from Holland at the age of 18. He's long past and my father is gone also but today my mother made mention of a story from the 60s I barely remember as a young child.

My father had a cousin visit from the old country. He gave my dad a wooden shoe he'd apparently been wearing.

My father varnished the shoe and I can recall that it hung on the wall for a number of years.

• Members

I think I want to move there.

I think I want to move there too ... first I'll take over all the Studio's and do MY OWN sessions and show those guy's a thing or two, sending them all back to school ... while I live at Booshy's house and we have a lot of fun :wave: Yea Man... we'll just start our own music scene, and play with lots of flowers too... oh and Booshy gets to cook, unless it's BBQ then I'll do it:poke:.

Russ

Nashville

• Members

Nice flowers!

Specially your kid and wife.

Say hi to them, from your mexican friend.

I did ;)

Little Skipperooni is almost as big as you man! Remember he was just as big as that blue tequilabottle you brought me? He's grown.

How's the little Lozada?? Haven't seen him for a while,..post us a pic man!

Love Booshy,Riz and Skipper

Archived