Bruce talks about recording MJ in Seattle, 1993

temnov

• Members

Thanks, Bruce!

I'll put much more in couple of days :)

HIstory:

I'll make it short. In 1993 I made a trip from Russia to Seattle to attend the Audio Pro Show. At this show Bruce was giving a presentation and I with permission of the show's official recorded several parts of his presentation. I was Russian, I couldn't speak language, so they just let me do it.

I mentioned it several times here on forum but the tape was in Russia. Finally last year I made it and now I can - with his permission, of course - to put together several clips and put them on youtube.

I think it will be very educational as well as interesting for many around to hear it first hand.

• Members

Bruce,

What was it you were talking about when you mentioned the unpainted plywood floor? Do you also carry a floating floor around with you, in addition to mics, tube traps, stands, etc.?

Would love to see more of this.

• Members

YEA MAN GO,

I LOve you guys.

Much of this I already know, because I've been there ... BUT

all to often I forget what is written on "PAGE ONE," and Bruce is all too kind to keep telling us over and over again .. finally it sinks in, I hope YOUR listening !!!!

Thanks Bruce

Russ

Nashville

• Members

Pete,...

Bruce is very thrilled about the footage you put up. I watched it and enjoyed it very much!

My experience with Bruce is that he loves music and all that's got to do with it so much that he wants to share it with the whole world.

We had a conversation about recording vocals on telephone this evening and hearing him talk makes me even want to get the things I need to record even more perfect. (I asked him how to record backing vox here in my home-studio,..which is 6ft by 6 ft,... he told me to record in my livingroom and bedroom too and he'll listen to the recordings and help me from there).

Can you imagine that,... someone who has all the facilities to record major productions calling a guerilla engineer who has a home studio to help him out???

That's how Bruce is! It doesn't count where you come from or on what level you operate as long as you live by the rule : " Music First"

Okay I know he won't call everyone to give private lessons and I am a very very lucky bastard but ,.....

These vids you've put up are very important to people just like me,...we can not afford something like FullSail or School of audioengineering,... we have to do it what internet teaches us.

Thanks,....Booshy

• Members

Hey, Booshy and all you guys, it's been my pleasure. But I should say it's all I can retreive right now. There is one more tape but I'll have like twenty more to check out before I find it. I hope it's there.

Also, I agree with you - you are very lucky to be able to talk to Bruce like that. However!!! I also talked to him and Bernie Grundman in Seattle in 93 a little bit, it was very important for me to feel that these Masters just can talk to you and tell you what they think is important.

I notice that genuis is always simple to talk to, and I met many of them.

Thank you, Bruce.

Archived