Anyone knows software that puts Pictures on beats?

boosh

• Members

I'm working on a song and we decided to put out a video consisting of still images that are perfect on da beat.

Does anyone know of a piece of software that takes like 1000 pictures in a batch and puts them on the beat?

Booshy

• Members

I'd be interested, too.

If someone was on their game, they could take some basic beat recognition software and marry it to a relatively simple utility that could take a bunch of pictures and drop them in on a given beat (you could have options for one picture every four/eight/whatever recognized beats) and then output that to a Flash video format.

Seems like there was some software I used in years past that actually attempted to do that and was relatively good at it.

• Members

I remembered where I'd seen something like that feature:

In Bill Gates' can't-get-no-respect Windows Movie Maker.

Tools/AutoMovie...

That said, I think it's probably kind of dorky... surprise! :D

[UPDATE: make that supremely dorky. I just checked it out. But you can, I suppose, use it to get started. You can just dump a bunch of pictures in and lay them out. After experimenting a little I wonder if it might not work better if one just dropped a stripped down beat into it, hit "AutoMovie" with the appropriate params (not many options at all) and then went back, dropped in the real music [with the same beat structure] and then maybe tinkered it to fit better. Like a tyro musician lost in a jazz session, AutoMovie seems to have some real difficulties finding the downbeat when things get the slightest bit complex (like when there are other instruments... :rolleyes:This is something our Mac cousins have a little bit better tools out of the Apple packing crate on... But... I might play with this a little. I think working directly in Flash might be better but who knows til you try. Certainly the WMM interface is much simpler. I'd hate to have to learn Flash just to put together a little music vid/slide show in it. Video editors are a lot easier for normal folks to understand.]

• Members
I'm working on a song and we decided to put out a video consisting of still images that are perfect on da beat.

Does anyone know of a piece of software that takes like 1000 pictures in a batch and puts them on the beat?

Booshy

How much are you willing to pay for such software? :cool:

• Members

Well, supposedly ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS can identify amplitude peaks--- which often-- but not always-- coincide with the beats of your audio soundtrack.

What about this AE plugin, booshy--- I think it's what you want. And it looks kewl-as-f**k. Watch the short video they supply on this website:

http://www.trapcode.com/products_soundkeys.html

• Members

Well, supposedly ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS can identify amplitude peaks--- which often-- but not always-- coincide with the beats of your audio soundtrack.

What about this AE plugin, booshy--- I think it's what you want. And it looks kewl-as-f**k. Watch the short video they supply on this website:

It looks interesting but I guess there must be something simpler something I just need to input the Bpm and a set of pictures...

• Members

Okay,..... I just found the solution,...

I'll use a clicktrack first to set keyframes in Adobe aftereffects with the amplitude peakfunction,...make the movie of the pictures and align the real audio with it later.,....

Thanks for the suggestions!

Booshy

• Members

That's one way how it can be done...

a) Let's say your music is 60 BPM, that's 25 frames per beat in PAL.

b) In the preferences set the lenght for images to 25 frames and put them on the timline. Either all at once if the video editor has this automation lineup feature, or one after another by hand if not.

• Members

Sony Vegas ($50-100).

You can specify the duration of a still photo and the overlap time between photos,

so once you determine the number of seconds per beat all you have to do

is grab all your folder of pics and throw them on the timeline.

Piece of cake....

Archived