Best way to transfer edited files between locations?

• Moderators

I'm picking up a Digidesign Micro so I can get a little music editing done at my day job. I do audio at work (telephony) but my music gigs are done at home. But heh... I get some downtime at work sometimes, it would be nice to do some editing/comping at work. But no PT there. Hence the Micro.

So tell me, what is the best way to move edits between my off-site PC (work) and my home base PC. I could if course just bounce to disc each edited track from sample zero and burn to a CD but this doesn't seem very elegant. The CD part is fine... it's the form in which I save that has me perplexed. I've done this but I think there must be better ways than bouncing your edit.

Do I create a session called "Song 1 Transfer" perhaps, and burn the whole session unbounced then import the edits unconsolidated?

How do you do this?

• Members

Hi Lee,

I think Digi has their own file transfer thingy going on by subscription, although I've never used it.

Sometimes I'll use Box.Net to send files back and forth between Studios and it's pretty good... and it's FREE.

Russ

Nashville

Archived