Quiznos or Subway?

bbach

• Moderators

I really dig the song... 5 dollar... 5 dollar foot loooong.... on the Subway ads. Cool little 1/2 step melody. So based on their current adds, and based on the fact that my wife and I can have a decent lunch for 5 bucks total if we drink H2O, I'll go with Subway. They're no deli to be sure, but faced with the alternative, in a crunch, it's not bad.

• Members

Subway by all means. I used to have a friend/client bring me Quiznos sandwiches on his way into my old project studio (a bro' deal; a very good deal for him) and I really learned to hate their doughie bread and bland fixin's.

• Members

I managed a high-end deli restaurant for years - excellent bread, great meats and cheeses, wonderful sandwich recipes.

Both Quiznos and Subway suck. Royally. Really, really bad suckage from both.

Maybe I'm biased, but I find both vile and inedible.

• Members

I eat an occasional Subway chicken terriyaki 6-inch on "wheat" with lots of jalapenos...and I gotta say, in this the era of the neutered, wimpy jalapeno, my local Subway has some pretty lively ones.

So, um, Subway, though I'd never go there for a meatball sub or an eggplant parm, or for standard deli subs. Plenty of better alternatives 'round here.

• Members

When in the Detroit area,
Tubby's
!

Quizno's over Subway, but not by much.

I also dig the Subway $5 foot long jingle.

Not so much with Quizno's - kind of pricey and some of the meat on the warm subs is weird.

Subway: they make a giant tuna salad (salad) for cheap.

In Milwaukee: Cousin's or Jimmy John's

• Members

Quiznos. Better sandwiches.

Subway. Better jingle. Ghetto sammiches.

but you're better off getting real food somewhere else.

Yup. I've been trying to enjoy more 'real' food (unprocessed stuff like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, farm eggs, etc...), but I still hanker for (and indulge in) the rich tasty overtures of a good pizza or chicken enchilada.

Quiznos if I'm in the neighborhood.

• Members

Quiznos or Subway?

Whichever one I'm the least sick of at the time.

I managed a high-end deli restaurant for years - excellent bread, great meats and cheeses, wonderful sandwich recipes.

Both Quiznos and Subway suck. Royally. Really, really bad suckage from both.

Maybe I'm biased, but I find both vile and inedible.

Best,

Geoff

• Members

I wasn't really impressed with the Quizno's, either of them, that I've been to. I'd take Panera Bread over Quizno's any day. Subway, on the other hand, has a wide variety of available toppings and is reasonably priced. I always have my subs toasted; they're much better that way. I tend to stay away from the standard club meats and go with the turkey, steak, ham, and chicken meats.

We do have some fine deli's (mostly Italian and Greek) that serve up some really great sammies when in the neighborhood.

• Members

Jersey Mikes
:thu:

The Quiz definitely stomps Subway...
:cop:

Not in my neck of the woods. Both locations that I've been to have had "hard" crusted bread. I don't like bread that shreds your gums while trying to enjoy a sandwich.

I've only came across a couple Subway locations that I won't bother revisiting; most of them down this way are pretty good for a quick fix meal. Much better than some of the greasy pit fast food chains.

• Members

Well in my neck of the woods, no one at the Subway understands enough English to get my order right the first time...

Never had a bad sammy from Quizno's...

But Jersey Mike's is the best chain sammy place...

Anyone in Denver care to stop by Hiedy's and pick me up something? They're hands down the best sammy place I've been to...

• Members

Quizno's >> Subway

I go to Quizno's all the time. They know my order now. I got addicted for one main reason: the Red Wine Vinaigrette dressing. That stuff is great! I also like that they have guacamole, even if it's pretty bland for guacamole.

But I don't know what any of their meat-filled sandwiches taste like. Get a veggie and feel the power of Quizno's! I absolutely loathe Subway's bread, and something about their veggies bugs me. They just don't taste or feel right.

Archived