midi cntlr assignments

g.c.

• Members

Sun. May 17,08

Hi. I'm both new to the forum and fairly new to computers. I start this query this way so as to let respondees know to direct the level of their responses as to basically a computer novice. And --- Thanks in advance for any and all help you send.

I'm running Sonar 7, 64 & 32, Vista & XP side by side on an ADK dual -quad PC with 8 GB ram with a CME UF-8 midi controller and Kont 3 as my main sampler.

The CME midi cntlr has 16 faders, 8 under and 8 above plus a mst fader. I'd like to set those faders so that, eg, fader #1 runs velocity, #2 the mod wheel, 3 pitch bend -vibrato, 4+ volume, etc. The CME manual is nonexIstent as to the "HOW" of this. Can anyone give me a push, either in as to how to do this or to the lterary or video resources that would tell/show me how.

I work in Orchestral & Big Band mockups ( libraries including EST WST XP GOLD, VIENNA, KONT 3 ,GVI, CHRIS HEINZ, RA, GARRITAN, etc.)

Thanks again for your help in this.

g.c.

• Members

Philbo describes MIDI learn, through which you should be able to avoid--for the tme being--knowing how to assign CCs on the controller itself. If you look in Sonar's documentation on automation, you'll find place where the parameters of all your plugins are broken out, (e.g., filtrer cutoff, res, filter env attack, etc.) and you can assign MIDI controllers there, hopefully through MIDI learn, where you just turn the knob, and the knob tells Sonar what its CC is. Usually this controller number will show on screen, so you can start learning what CC's are assigned to what knobs and sliders by default. I don't have Sonar 7 so I can't help any more than that.

Archived